Chapter 5

THE PROMISE

I felt different each time I didn't see him in our spot. I felt kind of empty. But I wasn't the type to go after guys, no, I wasn't going to beg just because he is the mad one because I fucked his brother and kinda rejected him. I didn't know Tom was his brother, to begin with. But now it seems he couldn't be near me. He said I shouldn't get close to Tom because 'he'll make my life hell' I honestly don't care about that, I wasn't scared of Mattheo. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna be with Tom. As I had said before I'm not ready to be in something serious. So I'm going to stick with nightstands until I'm ready to have a serious relationship.

The sound of someone hitting my desk with a book takes me back to reality. When I looked around I saw all the students had left the classroom (class had ended) and when I looked up I saw Mattheo. "We need to go and work on our project," he said to me in a serious tone, he showed how much he didn't want to be near me. I stood up and gathered my stuff. While I was doing that he left the room, once I got out he was leaning on the wall hands in his pockets. He didn't give me time to speak when he started to wall. I followed him until we reached the library, we were in silence. He sat in the back corner, not her students couldn't see us there, it seemed private.

I took a sit next to him making sure to leave a space between us, we both took out our parchments and books. Then we were just there doing nothing.
I clear my throat "Do you know what to do?"I look at him.
"I know what to do," he says with an attitude as if I just told him 'you know shit about the project dumbass'. I rolled my eyes at him.
"Don't do that" he says, I smirked.
"What this?" I rolled my eyes again.
"yes, fucking stop doing that"
"Why?" "Just stop"
"But why?" He laughed and ignored my question.
"We need to find a book that tells us about the process of different potions, so we can do this shit" I nodded and rolled my eyes again.

"Cherry, I told you not to roll your eyes at me" I looked at him. "And you didn't tell me why" he looked at me, finally. "Because that makes me want to slap you, hard." I stayed silent. I didn't think he meant to sound that sexy. But he did sound so sexy. Or maybe I was just horny. I clear my throat and say.
"Is that a bad thing?" We looked at each other, and there it was again. The moment when we both feel like we are the only ones in the room. I got lost in his eyes and he got lost in mine. I was feeling so many things at once, guilt, sadness, happiness, comfort, and something else I couldn't tell what it was yet. until he looked away. "find a book about what we need Cherry, please ".

Disappointed I stood up from my seat and walked towards the other side of the library to the side where the potions books were. I lean on the bookshelf and sigh. I miss Mattheo as my friend. I missed his presence. I stood up straight and looked for the book we needed. I read each book column until I saw the one we needed, but it was high out of my reach. I stand on my tippy toes trying to reach it(which I couldn't) so I decided to jump to grab it,(it didn't work either. Until I felt a hard chest hitting my back softly. A hand grabbed the book for me, and when I turned around, I was chest-to-chest with Tom. I look at him
"Thank you" he was close to me, he smiled at me and said, "You welcome, Anything else I could get you?" He says casually as if we weren't this close.
I smiled "Personal space" he laughed
"Anything else but that," he said putting his hands on my hips and pulling me closer. I didn't pull away. I knew his touch and I felt comfortable. I put my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. You're brother  it's mad at me"
"Why is that?"
"I Because of you" I asked for his permission to try things with you, he said he didn't like you" I frown. Why would Mattheo say that and get mad at me? He said he liked me and was acting like a fucking victim all this time. The lips of Tom on my neck made me relax, I threw my head back giving him more space.

"Tom we can't do that here," I say looking around, Tom only pulled me closer, grabbing one of my thighs in the process. He kept on kissing my neck for a few more seconds and with a groan, he pulled away. "I won't do this like this anymore," he said looking at me
"What do you mean?"
"No more one-night stands between us, it's either a relationship or nothing" I step closer to him. "You expect me to be your girlfriend?"
"I expect you take some time to get to know me".
"What about Mattheo?" I say after a moment of silence. I was contemplating Toms's proposal since I did feel something for him(not love, but lust) "You shouldn't worry about him" he said like it didn't matter. But I know it matters. Because Mattheo it's my friend and I didn't want to hurt him. But then I remembered his threat 'I'll make your life hell' I wasn't scared of Theo. But I respect Mattheo and I know this isn't right.

"No. Sorry, I'm not-."
Tom pushed me to the bookshelf behind me. His hand is in my neck. He was pressing my neck. I tried to push him away. He didn't.
"Listen to me, Cherry. I don't take a no for an answer. Unlike my brother, I get what I want. And I want you." He added more pressure I felt like fainting but then he pulled away. He gave me one last look before leaving.
Then I realized something. I was scared. No. Afraid of Tom.