Chapter 15

SECRET FOREVER

I don't like to lie. And to keep a secret you sometimes need to lie. That's why I hate secrets. I feel guilty when I need to keep something away from anyone. I know that not all secrets are bad but my secret it's bad. Let me tell you my secret. Mattheo kissed me. I kissed him back. Why is this such a bad secret? Because I'm starting something (maybe a relationship)with Tom. Mattheo's brother. If Tom knew about this secret he would feel betrayed and I know he will become dangerous.

I feel like a bad person.

A hug pulled me back to reality. I had to blink twice to see if this was true. Tom Riddle is hugging me.

"I'm sorry. I do. I won't talk to you that way. I trust you, but it's not easy for me to talk about my past" his arms around my body and his head in the space between my shoulder and neck.
He came looking for me 5 minutes after Mattheo left my dorm. I feel guilty. Tom and I aren't dating yet. But what I did was bad.
I hugged Tom back and I felt him relaxed.
"It's fine. You can tell me when you feel ready" he nodded and pulled away slightly looking at my eyes. He smiled and nodded
"Thank you" he kissed my forehead softly making me smile. Deep down the guilt was killing me.

"I want to take you somewhere Cherry. Get your coat" he says with a mischievous smile.
I did as he said and ask
"Where are you taking me?"
He chuckled and said
"To my favorite place in the whole world darling"

After that, we both appeared in a city a muggle In London.
The streets were busy and full of muggles. I felt his hand on mine making me walk next to him.
"Why are we here?" I asked looking at a group of muggles. They seem like our age but they are having fun. So much fun. Tom smiles and says
"You want to know about my past. I'll tell you about my past" We continue walking together. Holding hands like any other couple.

We stop once we reach a small coffee shop. Tom held the door open for me to get inside first. When we were inside a short woman with brown curly hair(she looked like 35)came to us and said.
"Welcome to Mimi coffeehouse !... TOM! oh dear! What are you doing here!" She hugged Tom and Tom smiled hugging her back. When she pulled away from her she focused on me.
"And who is this pretty girl Tommy?" She hugs me as well making me chuckle(I hug her back)
"Her name is Cherry" Tom said. We stopped hugging and Tom spoke again.
"Mary, do you have a free table for us?" Tom said. Mary gave Tom a look. And said
"Yes, Tommy. I have the perfect table for you two love birds" Tom seems embarrassed by what the woman had called him.

The woman guided us to a small table for two next to a big window. We could see outside. The place was small, cozy, and extremely beautiful. Tom and I sat in silence, I noticed the way he looked around this place. As if he was home.

"Tom?" I say after a minute of silence. He looks at me
"Yes? Oh, do you want to order?" He says grabbing the menu
"Do you know the woman? Mary?" He sighed and nodded putting the menu back on the table. He let out a shaky breath and said.
"Yes. She is an old friend of my mother. She is older than my mother. They met when they worked together in the muggle world. Mary is the owner of the store." He looked away for a small second and then he looked at me again. He continued
"I used to come here and help her around the kitchen when I was younger. I was three and I learned how to bake." The way he was smiling while he told me about his past made me fall for him. This side of Tom it's something I've never seen and I'm thankful that he seems comfortable with me.
"Mom used to tell Mattheo to stop eating the food and Mary would take care of me in the kitchen." He chuckled when he mentioned Mattheo.
"Mattheo wouldn't stop eating the food. So my mom bought him a guitar. He learned how to play fast. When he was 4 he was good at it. And when I was 4 I made my first cake." Tom looked at me nervously. He was embarrassed.

"You are different," I say he looked at me confused
"What do you mean?"I sit up straight and look at him
"At school... people say you are evil, because of your father. But you are different. You a normal guy" Tom nodded smiling
"A normal guy." He repeated in a low voice.
"Thank you," I say. He looks at my eyes and smiles
"Don't thank me." He said and grabbed the menu
"You should get the Mimi cake. You'll love that one" he says chuckling.

We started to eat. This time with him was different. He was being himself. He was laughing and making weird topics of conversation. He also told me he always wanted to have his restaurant. But he doesn't want to leave the wizardry world. And he says he would also like to be a professor at Hogwarts. He wants to teach defense against the dark arts. After we were done Tom said he needed to take me to one last place before we went back to Hogwarts.

"You sure you're leaving soon?" Mary says hugging Tom. Tom nodded
"I'll be back during the break I promise" She pulled away and said
"Tell Mattheo I'll make him a cake! How is he anyway?"

My stomach hurt when I started to remember what I did with Mattheo.

I'm a bad person.

"He is good. He is passing all his classes so far" Tom says to Mary
"Good! Well. You two may go now! Have fun!" Mary hugged me goodbye and Tom and I left the coffee shop. once we were outside he says.

"Sorry. Mary likes hugging" Tom says with a blush on his cheeks
"I can tell" That made us laugh. Tom held my hand again and we started to walk.

I got closer to him and he got closer to me. My arm was grabbing him, we walked together and I decided to forget about Mattheo. I am not a bad person I just made a mistake by kissing him.

"Tommy?" He groaned when I called him that way
"Do Not call me that way, Cherry" he says in a serious tone. But I saw him smiling
"Why? Tommy?"
"Shut up" he chuckles. I laughed.

We stopped walking when we reached a park. It was almost empty. This place was beautiful but small. It had swung. I look at Tom. He was in shock. It seems as if he hasn't been here in a long time.

"This is the park." He says in a low voice. We both took a sit on a bench and looked around.
"My mother used to take us here. After work, she would bring food. And we would have picnics. Mattheo would play tag with me. And Mom would read to us... Sometimes I wonder why did she end up with him?" I noticed the way his eyes watered. He was fighting his tears from coming out.
"He was a monster. My mom was an Angel. Now she is. Because she is dead." He says, but didn't cry.
"He didn't deserve her. My mom. My mom was the best woman in the whole world and cancer took her away from me. From us." And there it was a tear. A tear ran down his cheek he closed his eyes and I hugged him. He hugged me back immediately, trying to hide himself in my embrace. He cried with so much pain.
"It wasn't that I didn't trust you, Cherry. I just couldn't talk about her." He says between Cries.

We pulled away and I cleaned his tears.
"Tom. I'm sorry I got mad at you. I'm sorry" I say. I know the meaning behind my apology. 'I'm sorry for kissing your brother'
"I like you cherry. I like you so much." He says looking at me. He grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles.

This is it. My opportunity to do the right thing. I am ready to be with him. I am ready. And I won't fall for Mattheo again. I kissed Tom. He kissed me back. He pulled me closer by my waist and I pulled him closer by his neck.

This kiss was different. It didn't have any signs of lust. This was a true liking for each other. We both find comfort in this kiss. We find a home in our lips when they are touching. He kissed me more, making our kiss deeper. I gave him access to my mouth and our tongues touched. It was one of the best kisses I've ever had in my life. My body reacted to him in ways I didn't know my body could react.
We had to pull away for lack of air. Our foreheads still touched and I noticed his smile

"You kissed me," he says smiling.
"I did," I say
"Do it again"

I kissed him again. He pulled me to sit on his lap. Never breaking the kiss.
"This is better," he said against my lips when I was sitting on his lap. We continued kissing until our lips were red and our breathing was fast.

His kisses are the best.