Chapter 48

NOT AFRAID

The world is full with people who most of the times don't appreciate what they have until they lost it. I never thought that was an issue until now, that I've lost Tom. I'm not saying I miss him, but I miss the way he used to treat me, I got used to seeing him next to me all the time. At first being in a relationship was something I was trying to avoid but Tom got me in his trap.

All of those memories of him being nice and changing his personality for me, it was all a waste. He broke up with me 2 days ago, since then I haven't seen him or Mattheo.
That doesn't mean I don't know what Tom is doing. I know Nila went to his dorm two days ago, I know Tom just got out his dorm with his hair well styled trying to move on. Still I can see in his eyes that he is hurting.

I also know that Mattheo has been going to the library more than usual also I know that he has been going to the girls lavatory, what I do not know is the whole reason behind it.

I ignored it of course, making it seem as if I'm heartbroken and in need of personal space.
But all I'm doing is observing. I can't let Tom go completely, I care about him. So I need to know what he does, what he eats, what he wears, or even who does he hangout with. Just simple small things someone does because of the attachment for someone you pretended to love.

"And you know what the best thing?! She told me all about muggle literature! ... hey! Are you listening to me?" Judah says moving his hand in front of my face to gain my attention. I had no choice but to get out of my thoughts and look at him.
"Yeah, yeah I am" i say trying to sound sure about my answer. But Judah knows me more than anyone.
"Liar... what's wrong?" He says looking at me. We were in our place near the dark lake. We skipped a few classes but we didn't mind for today.

"Nothing I just... don't know what is happening to my life" I say in a low voice. I'm in shitty position. Maybe I deserve it but I don't want this. I want everything to go back to normal. I want to go back to when I didn't know The Riddles.
"Yeah, about that...today, during breakfast you received a letter" he says, I frown and look at him go trough his back searching for the letter.
"You were late, so I took it, I almost forgot to give it to you" he says handing me the letter.

I grabbed the letter and suddenly my breath stopped for a few seconds. I look up at Judah and he only looked at me nervous. I look down at the letter in my hands.

confidential from Azkaban prison
To Cherry Monique Manson

I gulp and slowly I opened the letter. Judah's eyes were on me the whole time making me feel even more anxious.
"What does it say?" Judah says nervously
"Let me read it first"
"Oh okay... can you read it out loud? I want to know"
"Why?"
"Because if you're parents are going to get release, I'll move to America" he says jokingly but I did saw the fear in his eyes. I rolled my eyes playfully and began to read.

We formally ask you, Cherry Monique Manson to your whole discretion after reading this letter. Do not share any of its content with anyone.

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that your parents Joe Manson and Clauiry Manson are going to be set for a second trial due to their good behavior at Azkaban.
You are required to attend this October 31 to the trial in order for the judge to make his last decision.
If you do not attend you'll be charge with a fee of more than 100 galleons.

Next small message from your parents:
Hello my Cherry this you dad, we missed you my love. I can't wait to see you.
And this is mom, wear something pretty for the trial princess, we love you. Don't forget, wear something pretty.

I look at Judah and he only looked at me waiting for a reaction from me. I didn't had a reaction at first but then I smiled and my heart began to beat faster.
"Mom and dad are going to be back!!" I say standing up and yelling at the top of my lungs.  I felt extremely happy. This is what I needed, my parents. My life took Tom away to bring something even better, a family.
"Wait, we don't know for sure if they are going to be released" he says nervously
"They should be they didn't do anything wrong" I say
"They were selling drugs and there are  rumors they also killed people who didn't payed them back."

I stop smiling and glare at Judah
"They didn't do that" I say in a serious tone, Judah only looked at me confused and nodded
"Yeah, okay, they didn't do that"
At that moment we heard someone coming, we turn around now with our wands in our hands pointing it towards whoever was coming.

"Wow, okay! I just came here to see you princess" Mattheo says chuckling. Judah and I lowered our wands. I see that Mattheo was holding a box of chocolates in his right hand.
"Are those for me?" I say teasingly. Mattheo rolled his eyes
"You wish, this are for Judah" I frown in confusion, I look at Judah and he smiled taking the box from Mattheo hands.
"Thank you Mate, how much I own you?" Judah says getting his wallet.
"Free. But do tell me if they work, maybe I'll try them with this one later on" Mattheo says pointing at me.

"Okay, I'm confused" I say. I had no idea Judah and Mattheo wee 'friends' now.
"Those chocolate contain a special potion I've made, those chocolates makes orgasm feel ten times stronger and better" says Mattheo. I look at Judah and he was blushing.
"Why do you need that for?" I asked
"If you had payed attention you would know." He says putting his chocolates in his bag and gathering his stuff.
"Tell me"
"Im gonna be intimate with Daniella Peters, I want her to enjoy it so I asked Mattheo for some tips, he said he used this with many girls. So I'll try it with Daniella tonight.... Now I got to go get things ready.... au revoir mes amis!"

I watched Judah walked away with a frown of confusion in my face.
"What the fuck?" I say.
"They grow up so fast, don't they?" I heard Mattheo say next to me also looking at Judah go. I turn to Mattheo and glare
"You gave him a drug" I say.
"He doesn't know it, besides they'll both enjoy it"
"Like you did with many girls?" I asked. Mattheo chuckles
"Yes" he says with a mocking smirk.

I rolled my eyes and gather my stuff to leave as well. But Mattheo stopped me.
"I need your help" he says in a serious tone
"Help on what?" I say crossing my arms in front of my chest.
"I found something the other night. In that book.... My father was the one who opened the Chamber of Secrets a long time ago.... I think I've found it" he says breathing heavily
"That's impossible... you don't even know if your his true heir, maybe Tom is the one"
"He doesn't have what it takes"
"How do you know you"
"He felt love. He was weak"

I began to laugh, Mattheo glared at me .
"What is so funny?!" He says
"You think you can open the Chamber of secrets?! ... okay let's suppose you do open the chamber then what? The basilisk is gone, Harry Potter killed it... besides you don't even know what your father had planned for you."
"And that's why I need you" he says,
"Excuse me?"
"I want you to come with me to see Bellatrix." He says in a serious tone.

"You're crazy.. does Tom knows about this?"
"No he doesn't, I won't tell him"
"Why not?!" I say raising my voice.
"Because this is my Chance to be someone!! Tom has everything, I want to be better! For once in my fucking life!" He yelled at me with so much anger.
I glare at Mattheo
"Tell him the truth, and I'll help you be someone"