Chapter 59

TOM

I see the train leaving, I see my brother leaving. My chest hurts, mostly because of the pain of knowing I truly don't want to see him again. It disgust me that I hate my own brother for two different reasons, the first reason being that he betrayed me and slept with my lover multiple times and the second reason is the fact that he wanted to continue my father's legacy, I can't deal with that.

Voldemort was a awful man , and I can't be near someone who is willing to bring all of that darkness back. That someone is my brother. So I have to keep him away from me and mimi.

——

I couldn't do anything else so after walking back to the castle I went straight to the one place I felt in peace. Lately I've been wanting to be alone.
I'm disappointed on my decisions, I wonder day and night, would I do it again?
If I didn't know how things were going to end?
Would I be willing to forgive and forget?
Repeat the process of falling in love with Cherry?

The answer is.
Maybe.

Maybe I will want to fall for her one last time, I would want to experience that sense of happiness again, each time she would smile at me, or bit her lip when she was confused at something, or the way she would caress my hair when we spent our nights together.

Maybe I will want to live that again.
Just Maybe.

I could be happy?

I finally reached the room of requirements, most students weren't around so no body saw me getting in there.
I had my room as I always had it, my books very well organized on a bookshelf on the left wall, a big couch in front of the chimney, and of course my piano that I added a few days back ago.

I take my robe off, taking a sit on the couch I grabbed my homework. I had a boring life since Cherry and I aren't together.
Nila has been around, but her friendship sometimes overwhelms me, she's kind but her happy moods is to much for me.

After what it felt like 20 minutes into studying I felt the door of the room of requirements opened. I quickly stand up when I see who is standing there I see her.

Cherry, she had a book on her hand, while in the other she had a green apple. We both looked at each other not saying a word.

"May I stay?" She says looking at me straight In my eyes.
I wanted to say no, say no.
NO
"Yes stay... but I'm leaving" I say. She walks in and I began to grab my stuff, wanting to leave before I did something stupid.

She took a sit on the couch and when I was about to leave she spoke again.
"My parents trial is coming soon" she says making me stop. She was telling me about her parents, I knew how much that meant for her.  I wasn't looking at her, but I did spoke
"How are you feeling about that?" I say looking at the floor instead of her. Since I knew that if I looked at her I would crumble down in anger again.
"Extremely anxious" she says in a low voice.

I nod.
I don't say anything just yet.
Slowly I turn around and look at her.
I see her again, the way her dark eyes consumes me into that deep dark universe that is her stare.

"Just say what you want the judge to believe, you're a good liar, you're be fine" I say
"I won't lie, I'll say the truth" she says quickly standing up in front of me.
"You'll say your parents are dangerous and that they don't deserve to be free?" I say
"I'll say they're good people. They deserve to be free"  I huffed and step closer to her
"See? Another lie. Your parents are not good people.."
"Says the son of Voldemort" she says
"He is not my parent, he is nothing. Now listen Manson, if you let your parents free, they'll destroy everything, again. They have not and will not change for you. You didn't stopped them from hurting people back then, not now not Never." 

Then I can see it, I can see her eyes getting watery at my words. And this for the first time is a true tear that is coming out of her eye. I'm amazed by how she's looking at me with  anger and still is crying.

"They are all I have" she whispers.
I wanted to say to her, that what she said is not true, I want to say that she has me. But that would be a lie. Would it?
"Nobody needs someone to be happy Cherry, we came alone to this world. We die alone."
"You are not alone"she says
"Oh but I am. I lost the only person I loved with my whole life...."
"Me?" She says with hope in her eyes
"My brother... My only family decided to go against the only good we had left. So I lost him. I will never see him again and it pains me.... But I'll move on. It is what it is. Deal with it."

"Why are you helping me?" She says looking down at the floor. I couldn't explain the answer to that question. But I did tried my best and what I said next was.
"Because I feel sorry for you."
"Well I don't want your pity"
"Well you have it. Because God look at you... a girl seeking for attention, for someone to make proud, to be loved... and what makes me feel even more sorry for you, is that you had someone who gave you everything you wanted. And you decided to ruined it."
She huffed
"I never had no one!" She raised her voice at me.
"OH BUT YOU DID! YOU HAD ME! I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING! I GAVE YOU MY ATTENTION! I WAS PROUD OF YOU!I WAS PROUD OF THE WAY YOU CARRIED YOURSELF AROUND THIS PLACE AS IF YOU WERE THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THIS WORLD. I WAS PROUD ON THE WAY YOU EXPRESSED YOURSELF!! AND I LOVED YOU!! I GAVE YOU ALL MY LOVE! I LOVED YOU! WHY CANT YOU SEE HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!?"

It was then that i felt my own tears coming out of my eyes. I didn't bother to clean them, i clenched my jaw trying to stop my tears, it didn't worked.
I look at her, she is looking at me.
I felt her step closer to me.
Now I feel her arms around me,taking me into a nice and warm embrace.

"I'm sorry Tom. I'm so sorry."
She says. But it wasn't enough. She emptied my heart. There's no a maybe to go back to.
So I step back.
"I hope your parents don't get free... but if they do... I'll be here for when you regret it. ... I'll be here. Still feeling sorry for you"

What that I gave her a small smile, I turned around and left the room of requirements.

There's not a maybe.

There's a No.