Chapter 15

"Hey, let's head to the waiting room." Killua said, throwing away his drink. I hurriedly chugged the rest of the soda, not wanting to waste any of it. "They will probably assign us another match today." Killua said, shoving his hands in his pockets. I sighed as I mentally complained. Not wanting to do more work.

We walked into the waiting room, people there trained as they prepared for thier matches. The air was tense. We walked to a bench.

"Well, these opponents should be easy." Killua gloatingly said, sitting down. "Just take it easy, you two." He continued. "I wasn't even worried." I huffed as I crossed by arms. "Killua! Kuzuko!" Zushi whispered, telling us to shush.

"Number 2054, Mr. Killua." The announcer said "and number 1963, Mr zushi" the announcer finished. "Ouch, what luck." I sighed. Zushi visibly tensed. "Well you can't win them all." Killua said, arrogantly. "Zushi! Kick his ass!" I said, cheering Zushi on. This only made Killua irritated. "Good luck you guys!" Gon said, sweat dropping at them.

"Number 1056, Mrs. Kuzuko" the announcer said "ah, that's me." I sighed as I stood up. "And number 1306, Mr zeborah" she finished. I smiled at gon. "Hey atleast I'm not fighting you!" I said. "Yeah! Go kick thier buts!" Gon said as I left, walking through the door.

-
I walked into the ring, my eyes in awe as I saw the crowd. "What? It's just a little girl!" One person from the crowd said. Suddenly a man walked into the stage with me, holding two long blades. "Sorry girl, but I will kill you now." He said, flexing his muscles. I reached into my pockets. 'I've been wanting to use this more often' I thought as I held the folded up staff. "Yeah, ok." I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

He only scoffed as he ran twords me. "Oh! Mr Zeborah is charging straight at his apponent!" He leaped forward, slashing his blade down at me. I dodged just in time as I flipped in the air, successfully dodging the attack. I then kicked him in the back, making him fall. "Kuzuko used her powerful kick to make her opponent fall!" The lady yelled into the microphone. I was a bit shocked to see the man stand up agian, I had kicked him pretty hard!

He charged at me once agian, instead of kicking him I went underneath him, grabbing my staff and opening it, smacking him in the head. "What? Kuzuko has used her trick attack!" I only sighed as this match was gunna take a while. He surely was a 100th floor fighter.

-

I walked up to the floor where we had agreed to meet. Already seeing killua and gon. "Kuzuko! What took so long?"Killua asked. "Ah, I had a little trouble. The man I faced was a 100th floor fighter" I said "hmph. I could've easy beaten him." Killua said, crossing his arms. "Also, your hurt." He said, pointing to my cheek where I got grazed by his blade. "Ah yeah, I didn't even realize it" I said, subconsciously reaching up to touch my face.

We walked around as killua explained his battle with Zushi. "I don't know what it was, but it felt dangerous." Killua explained. "It was the same feeling I had with my brother." He continued. I thought for a second before taking. "When your brother used that, I could sense it severely well, that has to be some sort of skill." I said. Killua did not say anything as we kept walking. "His master called it "ren"" he explained, looking back at us. "Ren"? I questioned

We sat on a bench, now resting. Thank god. "So he wasn't supposed to use ren until he reaches the top floor?" Gon asked. Killua had told us what he over heard from Zushi and wing. Killua said nothing as gon continued. "The strongest fighters are at the top right?" "Yeah." I replied. "Gon, Kuzuko. Change of plans, we're reaching the top floor!" He said. I raised a brow at him "weren't we gunna do that anyways?" I asked. He only poked my injured cheek, making me shut up.

"Also, Kuzuko come here." Killua said I turned and faced him on the bench. "I figured your dumbass would get injured agian so I Bought some med supplies from the store here. Now hold still." He said, leaning in closer to patch up my cheek. My face flushed at his close proximity. "There. Quit getting injured will you?" He said, crossing his arms. I only smiled at him "no promises!" He only scoffed as we made our way to the next floor.

We continued climbing our way to the top. We did a few matches and the rest of mine went well, knocking people out with one kick to the stomach.

"Killuas Chop, Gons push, and Kuzukos kick! How far will they go!" The lady said as I looked at the other twos matches through the screen, a smile appearing on my face. Good thing thier okay.

-

Night time finally fell and we each got our own rooms right next to eachother, what luck! "Yay! A private room!" Gon said, flopping on the bed "i wonder if all the rooms are this nice" I said as I fidgeted with the handles. "We won't have to worry about money and lodging anymore!" Gon said "yeah! Let's go!" I said, happy I actually had a bed to sleep in.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that" Killua said , sitting down. "If you drop out of the 100s you have to check out of this room." I laughed. "Yeah right, we'd kick thier buts!" I said, childishly. "The 100th floor is a real threshold, Kuzuko." He said, looking at me.

"Yeah yeah I know that. But we're not gunna lose" I said confidently. Killua looked at me for a second before snapping out of it.

"Threshold?" Gon asked. "Beyond it, you get special treatment. So no one wants to lose thier standing." Killua explained. I only flopped on the bed, bored. "Be careful. Gon, Kuzuko." He said, standing up, looking out the window. I only sighed as I closed my eyes. This shouldn't be too difficult, right?