Chapter 44

As I stood there, casually looking at the clock from time to time. 'It's almost time.' I thought as the clock Almost striked.

The lights went out and I swiftly grabbed my staff, flying it towards the pink haired woman, successfully distracting them.

"What?! Where did this come from?" She yelled as my staff flew back towards me. I tensed as the boys weren't able to escape.

I flew out of there with kurapika, seeing as he was able to capture the leader. I grew worried as I hoped gon and killua were okay.

We were in the car, my face had beads of sweat dripping down my cheeks as I sat right next to the leader. He was powerful, he could take me as a hostage anytime he wanted.

"What are you looking at?" Kurapika said, as the leader stared at him. "Nothing. I just didn't expect the chain user to be a woman." He said.

"Did I say that I was?" Kurapika said as he removed his wig, showing his real hair. "Anyways. Watch what you say." He said, bloodlust slowly seeping through him.

I gritted my teeth, worry coursing though my whole body. "You won't kill me. You left your precious friends behind." The leader said.

I looked at him, kurapika grew more and more agitated as he spoke. "I'm not so composed that I will ignore your threats." He said.

"Kurapika! That's enough." Leorio said, shutting kurapika off. "Melody, are you injured?" Leorio asked. "No I'm okay." She said.

"What about you? Kuzukos our aid here." He said, looking at kurapika. The leader suddenly looked at me. "I don't remember machi telling me about a female kid." He said.

I said nothing as I glared at him. "Do you need further explanation?" The leader said, making kurapika even worse.

"I consider this situation the same as an afternoon coffee break." He said, irking kurapika as he gripped his chains. He then punched the leader.

"Calm down kurapika!" Leorio yelled. I looked up, seeing a sun roof in the car. 'If the leader really was desperate to escape, he would break the chains and get out of here through the sunroof.' I thought.

Kurapika pulled out his phone, I looked at him, wondering who he was going to call. "I have three demands. The general rule is that you do as I say." He said.

"If you don't obey, I will kill your leader." He said. I sighed. for someone who wanted revenge, he's rather cruel.

"First, don't come after us." He said. "Second, don't harm the two hostages." He continued. I smiled softly, good, they won't be injured hopfully.

"Third, put pakunoda on the phone." He said. I kept my eyes on kurapika, analyzing his reactions.

"Can I ask you a question? The second demand. The hostages put up a struggle so we had to break a few bones." I heard the man say.

My breath hitched as I will pooled with anger. "Then we're done here." Kurapika said as he hung up the phone.

Suddenly, the phone rang agian as kurapika picked it up. "What?" He asked. "Sorry, I was lying. They are both unharmed." He said.

I sighed, not fully convinced that they weren't hurt. "This is your last chance. Do not mess around." Kurapika said with a stern tone.

"Hello?" I heard a woman say. I guess that's pakunoda. "You are the only one allowed to hear what I say. Move away from the others." Kurapika demanded.

"Did you make clear contact with a man named Squala?" Kurapika asked. I turned my head slightly, who's that?

"Yes." The woman answered. "Are you aware of a woman named melody?" Kurapika asked. I saw melody turn her head slightly as she turned and looked at us.

"I am." She said. "Then this will be quick. You are forbidden from contacting your comrades. No gesturing, messages, signaling, or making eye contact." Kurapika listed off.

I crossed my arms as we continued to drive, still listening to the conversation. "You must come alone to the place i designate." Kurapika demanded.

I looked at him, are we fighting this pakunoda woman? "If your heart rate changes, even in the slightest, I will kill the hostage." Kurapika said.

'That's right. Melody can hear stuff like that. She's quite powerful.' I thought as I smiled softly. "Now, give the phone to someone besides the previous man." He said.

"Hello?" A man said through the phone. That was fast. "I am going to meet pakunoda alone. You must return to your hideout. All ten members must be there." Kurapika said.

I tuned out the rest of the conversation, thinking what will happen once we get to the airport. Kurapika then picked up his phone and called agian.

"Put one of the hostages on the phone." He demanded. I perked up, hoping they were okay. "Are they all together?" He asked.

I heard killuas voice through the phone, I desperately wanted to talk to him. "They are right now. But they are talking about going after pakunoda.." killua said as i heard the man rip the phone away from him.

"You have thirty minutes to return to your hideout." Kurapika said. I fidgeted with my clothes, my stomach twisting and turning with worry.

-
We were finally out of the car. I was happy to get out of the crowded vehicle as we stood in the airport.

"Are you pakunoda?" Kurapika asked. I narrowed my eyes at her, she better of not hurt gon or killua.

"Of course." She answered. "I will present each of you with two conditions. If you follow them, I will release your leader." Kurapika said.

I crossed my arms as I grew impatient. "I forbid all use of nen." Kurapika started "second.." kurapika hesitated.

I looked at him slightly, why is he hesitant? His eyes shook as he wasn't able to speak. Beads of sweat fell from my cheeks. What's wrong?

"Second, I forbid all contact with other members of the troupe from now on." He said. "To make this certified, I will stab your leader with my judgment chain." Kurapika said, raising his finger

"You decide if this is acceptable, pakunoda." He said, ready to attack the leader.

"It's okay." She said, I saw the leaders face clench as he stabbed him with the chain. "Your next, pakunoda." He said, dropping a second chain.

He then stabbed her as well, I cringed as that had to of hurt like hell. "Release gon and killua unharmed by midnight." He demanded.

"If you don't. I will kill you before the chain does." I said, letting huge bloodlust leak from me, making pakunoda finch.

"Second, you will not reveal anything about me." Kurapika continued. "I have some thing to say beofre the exchange. I tuned out the whole conversation as I glared at the woman.

If they are hurt, I might aid kurapika in defeating the troupe just for that. "Start by returning to your comrades, inform them of the exchange." Kurapika demanded.

She nodded as she walked out. I sat on a crate as I wanted for their return.