Chapter 46

"It's that way." Killua said as we walked, trying to find the auction hall. My eyes widened as we opened the door, it's so pretty!

I gasped as I saw a lot of people sitting down, waiting for the auction to start. 'I've never seen so many people in one place.' I thought as I watched the crowd.

We walked down the isle, trying to find a spot to sit. Killua and gon then paused as they stoped and stared at someone.

"Huh?" They said as the looked at them in shock. I didn't really know who they were, since I wasn't there for most of it.

"Kuzuko!" Killua yelled as he grabbed my arm, dragging me out of there as they ran away. "Woah! What the hell man?!" I shouted.

"Why are they here?!" Gon frantically asked as we ran. "How should I know?!" Killua yelled in return.

"Suddenly, our paths were cut off by the men we had seen. "Oh. I didn't know you had one more." The short man with black hair said.

"Hey. That was cold." The other said as they snapped thier heads at them. I only looked at them, and who exactly are they?

"There's no need to run away." The tall man continued. "Don't worry, we're not going to kill you." The shorty said.

I saw as killua stepped infront of me, almost trying to protect me for some reason. "Hey, who are you guys?" I asked.

Killua smacked me over the head. "Shut up!" He half yelled. I rubbed my head, confused of why he smacked me.

"We can't kill the chain user now." The tall man said, breaking off killua and Is confrontation. It then hit me. The chain user!

'So they are apart of the phantom troupe, no wonder killua hit me when I asked.' I thought as I stood there blankly.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Gon asked. I turned to the tall one with intrest. "Huh? Didn't he use his chains on the boss?" He replied.

"Why not?" Gon asked, continuing to pester him. "Isn't the other way around?" He asked, not afraid to talk to them.

"Nen doesn't necessarily disappear after you die." The man started. I tilted my head, what does that have to do with this?

"Nen that is driven by hatred and regret can persist a long time after death." He explained. "I get it." I said, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Since the boss can no longer use nen, he could be overwhelmed by that assault." He said, peering down at us.

"So we're done with you two." He said, referring to killua and Gon. "We just came to enjoy the auction." He said as he walked away slightly.

"What happened to Mrs pakunoda?" Gon asked, making the man stop walking. I looked at gon, why does he want to know?

"She died." The man said, turning around and looking at us. "Oh." I said, she was slightly different from the rest, it kinda made me sad knowing she was gone.

"I see." Gon said, lowering his head. I noticed that the man stared at gon for a bit beofre killua butted in.

"Let's hurry, it's going to start soon." He said, snapping the man out of his trance. "Paku.." he started, causing us to look at him.

"Paku wanted to thank you." He said. My eyes widened slightly, why would she want to thank us?

The two men then walked away. I smiled briefly as we walked into the auction hall.

We found a seat as I sat beside killua. I sat up with intrest. I've never been to a real auction before.

"The Item is the fabled game Greed island!" The lady down at the stage yelled.