Chapter 30

"Aunt mito! I'm going to show killua and Kuzuko around the island." Gon said as we walked out of the house.

"Wont that take a while? Want me to pack some food for you?" Aunt mito yelled as we ran off. "Man I want her cooking!" I whined as gon spoke.

"That's okay! We'll find something to eat in the forest!" He yelled back as we ran downhill.

We were running around, playing tag and hopping from tree to tree, and jumping off of cliffs into the water. I felt pure bliss as I played with the two, something I wasn't accustomed too.

We had caught a couple fish, eating that for dinner. I looked at it skeptical, but eventually gave in as I took a bite. "Not bad.." I muttered.

We layed on the grass, grazing at the stars. "Hey gon." Killua said as we both looked at him. "So, what are you going to do now?" Killua asked as he looked at the stars.

"For now, I'll rest up here while I gather information." Gon replied. "The information I need before I go to york new to look for my dad." I hummed in thought.

"Hmm..what about you, Kuzuko?" Killua asked, turning to me. "I didn't really know. My initial plan was to just stick with you two while I got stronger." I replied as I looked at him.

"What should I do?" Killua asked, looking away from me. "Huh?" Gon started as he sat up. "You should say here then go to yorknew with us." He said. I too sat up.

"Yeah, I'm coming with you. That wasn't what I meant." He said, looking at gon. "Well, what did you mean?" I asked. He looked at me briefly before looking away agian.

"I was thinking you both are sort of admirable." He said as he sat up, now facing us. "There's nothing I really want to do." He said, not looking at us.

"I just don't have anything I want to do, you know?" He said as he now looked at gon and I. "Well, I'm sure as you keep on advancing with us, you'll find what you want to do." I said, looking at the water beneath us.

He paused momentarily before speaking agian. "Well, there are a lot of thing that I definitely don't want to do." He continued. "I don't want to stay in that house..or take over the family business." He said as he gazed at the ground.

My eyes softened. I was honestly lost as well, not really knowing what to do, so I understood how that felt. "I guess I'm just kind of jealous of you both." He said, catching me out of my thoughts.

"Killua," gon started speaking. "It's fun hanging out with you." He said as sparkles waved in his eyes. My eyes widened, this was so heart warming.

"W-why so sudden?!" He said, flustered. I took this opportunity and spoke as well. "It's true. Until recently, I haven't had as much fun as I've had with you two. So thank you." I said, smiling softly at them.

This only made killua more embarrassed. "Whale island. It's an outpost for fishermen to stay during extended outings." Gon explained, I turned and looked at him.

"So there aren't too many native residents. There's one other girl here around my age, but you two are the first friends I've had that are actually my age." Gon said as he smiled at us.

I said nothing as killua spoke up. "My situation was similar." He said. I turned and looked at him, wondering what he meant.

"Being stuck in that house all day. Spending all my time learning how to kill. You two were my first friends." He said, causally looking at us. "What about you Kuzuko?" Gon asked turning to me.

My eyes softened as I stared at the ground. "Well, I guess it was similar in some way." I said vaguely. They said nothing as I continued. "Anytime I made a friend, they got taken away. So I wasn't ever able to keep anyone close to me to actually hang out." I said vaguely, not sharing the whole thing.

"Kuzuko, what do you mean?" Killua said, sitting up. I only sighed as I looked at the stars. "It wasn't ever my fault either, I begged but nothing ever happened." I said, tears dwelling up in my eyes.

I heard shifting and I gasped as I realized the two boys were now hugging me. I started crying as strong emotional waves hit me. "Whatever you went through, that won't happen to us!" Gon said as he hugged me. "Gons right, we won't leave." Killua said as they both held me. "Expecially me.." killua whispered in the end, making me flush and cry at the same time.

"Thank you.." I said as I wiped my tears. "Hey, do you guys have fun when we're together?" Gon asked. "I guess yeah.." killua said, a pink hue on his cheeks. "Then let's stick together, the three of us! Let's travel and see the world together!" He said, making my eyes glisten. "Gon.." I whispered as a faint smile appeared on my face.

"Your just as bad as Kuzuko..you can really say embarrassing stuff so easily too.." he said, looking away from us. I laughed lightly as he got more flustered. "Shut up Kuzuko!" He yelled, getting in my face.

We then gazed at the stars. "I'll look for my dad, you'll look to find what you want to do, and Kuzuko can be there to support both of us along the way." Gon said as I smiled agian once more.

"Yeah..doesn't sound too bad." Killua said as he smiled. "Okay! I'll help you look for your dad," killua said as he paused. "I know you suck at understanding things, so I'll help you there." He said, smirking at me. "And I'll find something I want to do." He said as he stretched.

"Hey, the more help I can get the better." I said, smiling at him. Killua then paused. "Oh yeah, what does your mom do?" Killua asked turning towards gon and I.

"It's hard asking about my dad. But asking about my mom is even harder." Gon said as I listened, wondering as well.

"Since aunt mito raised me by myself, it feels wrong to ask her that." He said as he cusped his knees.

"Is that how it works?" Killua muttered, I too wondered, since I never actually had a parental figure.

"At first, ain't mito told me that my parents died in a traffic accident" he said. "That's kind of brutal." I responded, holding my knees aswell, since the fire went out it was cold.

Gon only laughed slightly as he continued. "She was worried that I might end up like my dad." He said, staring at the ground as killua and I looked at him.

"If i learned he was alive and a Hunter, " gon said as killua cut him off. "And she was right." He said, scooting closer to me. We were all now real close, it got eventually warmer. Wait, did he do that cause he knew I was cold?!

"When I found out about my dad, I had figured that my mom was probably dead." Gon said as we all Sat together.

"So I've always thought of aunt mito as my mom. She's really the only mom I have, so therefor there's nothing for me to ask." He said as I blushed slightly, killua was real close.

"Man, I wish I had a mom like aunt mito." Killua whined. I only sighed. "Atleast you had a mom." I said, shrugging.

Killua only laughed at me. "She's the best! Though she does nah a lot." Gon said, turning to us.

"That's nothing! My mom starts crying the second I say I want to go outside!" He said laughing. "Having a mom sounds fun." I whispered. Killua noticed my comment and smiled softly at me, even though I couldn't see it.

-

We had now made it back to the house, we were getting ready for bed and killua pulled a makeshift bed "I'm sorry Kuzuko, I don't have any extra blankets." She said, handing me ally mattress.

"It's no worries at all, thank you!" I said as I grabbed the mattress . "Kuzuko, are you going to be warm enough?" Killua asked, walking over to me.

"Hm? Oh yeah don't worry, it's actually pretty comfortable." I said, laying down on it. He only hummed before crawling in his bed that was next to mine."well..if you get cold I have some extra room.." he whispered, even though I didn't hear all of it.

"Hm? What?" I said, Turning over. He said nothing as he flushed bright red. "Hm, well goodnight, killua." I said, smiling at him. "Goodnight.." he mumbled as I fell asleep.