Chapter 50

(Her new outfit!!!)

-

We had arrived at some big mansion as the leader led us down some stairs, most likely going into a basement.

I crossed my arms as I looked all around me. This place was eerily similar to the basement in the orphanage, my skin crawled as goosebump formed on my arms.

He led us into a room, where a bunch of computers were. I lightly gasped at the amount of technology there.

As I gazed at the computers, he spoke up. "Now then. Before we begin, let me explain a few things." He said.

I yawned in boredom as he spoke. "The individual game voices are not independent of each other."

"It doesn't matter which console you start from, you will all arrive at the same place." He explained. I looked at the console with interest. How will we play the game?

"It's a virtual area, accessible from any spot on this planet. I will now hand out memory cards." He said. I heard gon wheeze as his head steamed.

Killua looked at him, realizing it too. 'Did his head really just blow a fuse..?' I thought as I looked at gon.

"You will enter the game. But first we need to decide the order." He explained. I heard someone from behind me speak. "Order?"

"Only one person can enter at a time. So we will do the order now." He said. Puhat then spoke up, looking at us.

"Well, then let's use rock paper scissors!" He said.

After my match was done, I was 2nd place. Right after gon. "Yea I'm first!" Gon said as he looked at the tall man.

"Your the boy with the saved file, right?" He asked. I turned and looked at killua and snickered. "Hah. Your 17th!" He then smacked me over the head in annoyance.

"Shut up! You got lucky is all." He said as he grumbled. I rubbed my head where he always hits. Man I swear I have a bruise there.

"I'll use my card." Gon said as he looked at him. "Well then put the ring on and enter the game."

Gon did as he was told and walked up to the console. "Gon!" Killua said. He then turned around.

"Wait in the starting area till I get there." He said he then turned to me. "You too." He said. I only smiled.

Gon then inserted the chip and activated his aura. Suddenly he vanished, causing me to gasp. "He's gone.." I whispered.

He then came up to me and handed me a small device. I assume it's the memory card. "Your turn. Just follow the same directions as your friend." He said as he peered down at me.

I took the card and ring as I walked towards a console, putting the ring on and inserting the card. I activated my aura, I gasped as I suddenly I felt dizzy and my surroundings change.

-

I was suddenly in a bright room with a door. So curiously I opened it. Inside the room was a lady standing behind a desk looking thing.

"Welcome to greed island. You must be Mrs. Kuzuko Murasaki." She said as she looked at me.

"Yeah.." I said as I looked at her. "I will now explain how the game works. Would you like to hear it?" She asked.

I put my hands in my pockets. "Yes please." I responded. She then continued. "In this game, two magic spells are available to anyone wearing a ring." She explained

I only nodded my head as she continued. "They are called book and gain. Place the hand with the ring on infront of you, and say, book." She said.

So following her directions I did so. A book suddenly my appeared infront of me, startling me a bit. "Woah.." I said as I looked at the empty slots in it.

"In this game, your task is to collect certain cards. The book is for storing those cards." She explained. I sId nothing as I looked through the book, completely infatuated by it.

"Please look at the first page." She said. So I did as I was told and flipped back to the first page. "Each slot as you see is labeled with a number. You can place cards of the same number in these slots." She explained.

"Now please flip ahead a few pages." She asked. I flipped some pages until I saw no more numbers. "This is where you may place any card inside these slots." She said. I only nodded.

"There are 100 restricted slots, numbered 0 to 99. Them you have another 45 free slots." She said. I only kept my eyes on the page, this is so cool!

"In order to clear the game, you must fill the 100 specific slots." She said. "So that's all you have to do? Is collect 100 cards?" I asked, looking at her.

She nodded before speaking. "Yes. Specifically you must turn 100 items into cards." She said. I suddenly grew confused, so there's no cards but items?

"If you wish to use a card as an item, you must use the spell gain"she explained. I only tilted my head as I continued to fidget with the book.

"Do you understand everything so far?" She asked. I nodded at her, honestly just eager to leave this area.

"There are two other instances in which you cannot transform an item into a card. 1, when you reach that item's maximum limit, and 2, if you don't place your card into your book within one minute." She said.

I only frowned, my head is starting to hurt..."do you understand?" She asked. I said nothing as I nodded my head yes.

"Finally, the most important. If a player dies, their book and ring will be destroyed." I suddenly perked up, that certainly got eerie fast.

"That concludes my explanation. You'll need to learn everything else about the game once you start playing." She explained.

I grinned at her as suddenly the floor shifted, creating stairs. "Thank you!" I said. "Please take those stairs, I wish you the best of luck." She said as I started walking towards the stairs.

I grinned as I took the stairs, walking down them. Suddenly a huge ray of sunlight came into my face as i was met with a vast open field.

Suddenly I got hit with a feeling I was being watched. I looked around but only found gon there. "Kuzuko!" He said as he beamed at me.

"Hey." I said as I grinned at him. He only smiled at me cheekily. "I'm so exited! Are you?" He said.

I nodded. "Even though that lady's introduction took forever, it sounds like alot of fun!" I said as I also grinned at him.

He then paused and asked me something. "Hey, when you first entered the game, did you sense that someone was watching you?" He asked.

I nodded, "it was one of the first things I noticed as I walked in." He only nodded as we continued to wait for killua to arrive.

-
I almost fell asleep waiting, I heard killua suddenly speak up. "We're being watched. And Kuzukos sleeping." He sighed.

I perked up. "No I wasn't!" He only laughed sweetly at me as he looked at me softly.

Suddenly he came up to me, ruffling my hair as he pat my head. "You know, your head probly wouldn't hurt as much if you weren't stupid." He said, referring to the amount of times he hit me.

I only blushed slightly at his closeness, beofre speaking. "Shut up." I grumbled. He only laughed agian beofre turning to gon.

"Thanks for waiting. I don't see any towns." He said, changing the topic.

"Yeah but everyone is heading the same direction." Gon replied. I sunddenly spoke. "Yeah it's either over there or over here." I said.

Killua hummed. "Their going on the direction where their being watched from." He explained.

"Well let's go!" Gon said as we took off, walking. I smiled as the breeze hit my face, cooling me off.