Blackmailed 4

“Mom! Mom! Look Aya forgot this ribbon inside my bag! Mom, look it’s so pretty!”

I can still remember how I tried to clip that pink ribbon in my bob cut hair during elementary.

“Baby, pretty is only for girls. You are handsome, okay? Now put this ribbon back to your bag and give it back to Aya tomorrow, okay?”

And I can still remember as well how my mom taught me that being complimented as “Pretty” is only allowed for girls.

I can’t see Sunghoon hyung as the room’s pitch dark but I can still feel him above me. His warm breath that’s kissing my skin and this weird feeling his giving me.

“N-none… No one tells me that,” I whispered, I’m worried I might breathe at him.

“You’re so pretty, Kim Sunoo.”

What’s that? No. What’s this? What is this I’m feeling? I can’t even see him but I feel like he’s staring at my soul. It’s just a simple sentence. It’s nothing but a compliment from a weirdo like him.

But why does my heart beating like this? Why does it feel like it has own beating race right now?

“T-thank you…”

I heard a chuckles after and he get off me. I felt the blanket getting lifted and hyung’s weight added and then he stops moving. I reached for my chest and it’s still on fast pace.

What’s the hell is going on. I never felt this weird before.

I turn to the side and just forced my eyes to shut. I shouldn’t get swayed like this. I shouldn’t be feeling this weird. He’s just confusing me.

He’s a psycho after all.

The next morning Keith wakes me up. Hyung’s not beside me anymore. “He went to Jake oppa, maybe,” Keith said when I asked her where his brother is.

I blankly stare at my coffee as I remember what happened last night. Was that dream? No, was I drunk? I didn’t saw him so I don’t really know what he’s reaction.

But no matter what it was, I should just shrug it off.

I changed clothes and went to my work. Nothing’s unusual aside from me getting lost for a minute and stares at nowhere. What’s happening to me?

“So, you’re saying that Sunghoon hyung said you are pretty?” Jungwon asked. We’re at the inside mall café because it’s my work and this guy is one call away.

“Yeah,” I replied and play with the straw on my lips.

“So what’s with that?” he asked, not really bothered.

“I’m a guy?”

“I’m a guy too, Kim Sunoo!”

“You’re gay,” I corrected him.

He rolled his eyes at me. “Hey, when did compliments had gender? We’re in the 21st century, bitch,” he knocks the table. “Wake up! There are no proper pronouns now. Everyone can use what they want,” he argued.

“Not to me, though?” I disagreed. “But doesn’t mean I’m against it or what! It just feels weird and the weirdest is it came from my girlfriend’s brother,” I added.

“That’s the weird one,” he agreed and even nods. “But you said he’s weird, right? He’s just teasing you.”

“Maybe,” I sigh and sip on my drink. “I should avoid him,” I said.

“Right! Or you’ll get fucked up real hard,” Jungwon commented.

“Why?”

“You might like him,” he stated.

“What!?” I frown. “That’s impossible,” I reacted and even rolled my eyes at him.

“No but Sunoo,” he started and leans closer to me. “Nevermind—”

“Hey! Tell me! What is it?”

“You’re not really gay?”

“I am not, Yang Jungwon. I have a girlfriend for eight years in case you forgot,” I stated.

“My boss before got divorced because he found out her husband is gay and cheating on her. Make sense?” he convinced.

“What are you trying to say in here?” I frown again.

“That maybe… maybe you are? But nah, I don’t think you are cuz you really love Keith after all. You just look so feminine but nah, you are not.”

“Of course I am not…”

This wasn’t the first time Jungwon and I talk about gender that’s why I’m not offended by it. Also, I know there’s nothing wrong about being part of that community, it’s just that I’m really not.

Maybe I just feel weird because that was the first time I heard it from someone so unexpected.

When I got home, I didn’t expect Keith to be opening the doors for me. I felt the urge to kiss her and she eventually kissed me back while we’re heading inside but then she chuckles and pushed me away a bit.

“Why?” I asked her and pinch her nose. She smiles and I noticed someone from behind her. I quickly frown, “Why is he in here?” I asked.

“Well… something happened at the house earlier…”

Keith’s talking about the reason why Sunghoon hyung is currently inside my house with his luggage but it seems like I don’t understand a thing. Hyung’s eyes are buried in me again. It’s his stares again.

“…that’s why, can he stay here for a while?”

“Huh?” I looked at Keith who’s giving me puppy eyes. “Sunghoon hyung?” I asked.

“Please?” she walks towards me and whispered, “Dad’s going to kill him,” she added while on tip-toe.

I looked at hyung who is still on his blunt face. If wants a place to stay on then he should at least show me his pleading face, right? But this bastard just keeps on staring at me!

“Hyung…” I called him. “Do you really want to stay in here?” I asked.

Then I remembered he doesn’t want me to call him that.

He smiles for the first in a while, “Yes, I want Sunoo. Can you let me in?”

“Sure… Not a problem.”