Blackmailed 29

“This smells like strawberry indeed! My mom’s gonna love this. I’ll buy this one!”

“Let’s wrap it now, ma’am. Thank you so much,” I said with a smile and then went to the counter. “Have a safe day!”

I sigh and look at the calendar. The door suddenly chimes and I heard a voice, “Happy birthday, Sunoo babe!”

I smile once again and I saw Jungwon with a box of cake and flowers. I went to him and hug him. “Thank you for this, Wonie!” I exclaimed and put it on the table of the mini longue and waiting area.

“You deserve it, honey bunch! While driving, I saw those models for your brand on the billboard! You really came so far!” he giggles after. “You deserve every goodness in this world after everything that happened.”

I smile, “Thank you…”

“Just continue healing and growing, okay? No one’s stopping you now,” he smiles at me and hugs me.

“I know… Thank you so much, Wonnie. I’m sorry if I can’t go and party tonight,” I apologized.

“Hey! I already know that! Just enjoy the bed— I meant the night with him,” he’s clearly teasing me and we both laugh.

“Hey!” I laughs.

I ended the day early and went home. I’m currently driving and yeah, it’s really making my heart pound seeing my brand on billboards. I smile shortly. It’s been a while now.

It’s been over five years now since everything happened.

It was so devastating. I lost myself. I lost a part of me. I almost lost everything starting that night. I never had a contact with them after what happened as well.

Then months after I heard news from Jake hyung that Mr.Park died inside the prison due to physical assault of other inmates who went rage after knowing his sentence. Then few more months, Keith killed herself after discovering she’s pregnant with her dad and she’s also using drugs. Eommoni couldn’t take the sudden events lose herself leading to her end as well. Sunghoon hyung… the last time I heard about him he’s still at the US. That’s all I know.

Saddening. He just want to protect his mom and sister from his evil dad and when he thought things will get over after they used me, things really ended permanently… because he’s the only one left in his family.

We never even talked about thing thoroughly. Keith and I ended in a bad way as well, didn’t properly apologized to her. I was a messed that time too. I couldn’t take any job because of the fear of my scandal going around even if Jungwon already assured me that everything is already cleared out.

Yang Jungwon. It was all because of him I managed to get this strong and healed. He was there for me, reminding my worth and my goals. He stood with me and made me feel love when I felt I’m the most useless.

I arrived at the house I bought and when I opened the lights a party popper sounded and I saw confetti everywhere. There are also balloons on the ceiling and on the floor. I smile when I saw him widely smiling at me.

“Happy Birthday, Sunshine!”

Nishimura Ni-ki. Beside Jungwon, he was also the one who helped me build up my confidence once again. He helped me from day one up to this day. He helped me and made me smile for five years now. He was also the one who pursued me and help me build my own brand and now becomes successful because of him.

Ni-ki, this kid, helped me cope up with my traumas.

“Thank you, Ni-ki,” I smiles and he come closer to me and hugs me.