║-𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

Song: Do I wanna know? - Arctic Monkeys 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨❀❀❀

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨
❀❀❀

"Protect her, make sure she never gets in the hands of someone that doesn't deserve her, keep her safe."

Those exact words left Anna, Amaras moms mouth 15 years ago. Just about a year before she died in the fire.

Anna had saved my life when I was just a kid, I was about to get killed by one of our biggest enemies before she got in the way, getting me out of there. My parents wanted to repay her by promising that I would keep Amara safe.

They had trained me for years to make sure I would be capable of protecting her. Apart from protecting her, their were 3 important rules that were crucial not to break.

1. "Do not let her know about any of this, she cannot know she is under your protection, and most importantly cannot get involved in any of your work."

2. "Do not tell anyone about this, no one can
know, especially not anyone in our work field."

3. "And lastly the most important one of all. Your job is to protect her and that it is. No. feelings. allowed."

I've already broken 2 of her stupid rules but she doesn't need to know that. Otherwise, I've been doing my job perfectly, Amara gets herself in some kind of shit almost on a daily basis but never have I failed to protect her.

Or so I thought.

I was so focused on protecting her from the outside world that not once did it cross my mind to check up on her personal life.

Not once did I think that her father and brother would have been abusing her all this time.

❀❀❀

"You sick bastard" Thomas, Amaras dad groans struggling against the rope he's tied up with to the chair.

"You seem to know very well what I do for you daughter yet you still have the audacity to hurt her?" I mention picking up the knife from the tray next to him.

His eyes widen and he tugs excessively at the ropes nearly falling out of the chair in the process.

"Tell me" a pause. I bend down so that im eye level with him. "In what ways do you hurt her?"

He doesn't move.

"Hm. Interesting." I stick the knife into his neck making him scream out in pain.
"If I move this knife one inch to the right you'll bleed out and die right here. So answer my fucking question Thomas." I dig the knife in him just a tiny bit more before he gives in.