║-𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝟐

Song: Old money - Lana Del Ray
𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚
❀❀❀

"And last but not least, the chocolate chips." I say, then pour the chocolate chips into the bowl.

"Daddy's going to love it!" Evelyn giggles as she watches me put the cupcakes in the oven.

"I hope so." I lean down to give her a kiss on the back of her head, then help clean her hands.

"Alright then, what are we watching while these bake?" I bend down to her level.

"Hmm." She taps her her chin. "Barbie!"

"I knew it! Alright then, let's go." We hurry to the living room, then turn on the TV.

A couple minutes later Evelyn's attention snaps to the side, and a smile erupts on her face.

"Roxy, Rocco!" She giggles, they come running in full speed and just when I think they're about to head butt my 5 year old daughter they stop and start licking all over her face.

"All right, calm down now." I pull them away from her, giving them some scratches behind the ear.

Turns out, Roxy, who is a stray is some kind of mix between a lab and Doberman. So she gets along extra well with Rocco.
The kids love the dogs, and I'm so happy they do well together.

When the alarm for the cupcakes goes off I immediately stand up and make my way back to kitchen. Evelyn and the dogs close behind me.

"What do you think?" I ask her, carrying her up so that she can get a better look at the cupcakes.

"They're perfect!" Chocolate chip cookies was her idea, but to be honest I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited.

"Can you get the candles for me?" I ask her as I take out some extra party decorations.

A moment later she comes back with several birthday candles.

We baked 37 cupcakes. 37. Once again, Evelyn's idea since that's how old he's turning.

It's crazy how fast time flies, it feels like yesterday we first met in that alley way, but that was 10 years ago.

Suddenly I hear the sound of door keys, then the door opening and closing. "They're here, Shut the lights and get behind the counter." I whisper to her. She shuts the lights then comes running back to me behind the counters so that we can surprise him. It's dark out right now so he shouldn't see us.

"Amore?" I hear.

Oh yeah, and I learned Italian too. Our kids are bilingual so I knew I had to learn it too.

I hear him exchanging a few words then hear footsteps coming closer. When I can confirm that he's in the kitchen we turn on the lights via my phone and stand up from behind the counter.

"Surprise!" All three of us yell, Matteo was in on this too. He asked Valerio if he could take him to his office to see how it is so that we could prepare the surprise while they were gone. Matteo is a little older then Evelyn. 2 years older but he is very mature for his age.

Valerio seems shocked for a few seconds but then it turns into a large smile. Evelyn rounds the counter then runs up to him, giving him a big hug. "We baked cupcakes, daddy!"

"Yeah? Go get one for yourself then. You too." He nods at Matteo. They both race to the counter to grab a few cupcakes and I smile when I see Matteo help Evelyn up onto the tall chairs on the kitchen island.

Me and Valerios eyes meet. It's been 10 years yet he's never stopped looking at me the same way. We're older now, I can definitely feel it. In a way, everything is calmer, more smooth. Happier.