Chapter 74 ~ It's cold and I don't want to be here

Veronica's POV
"I know what you did." Hannah said, the wind seemed to grow stronger and goosebumps appeared on my skin. My hair wrapped around my face and I stood still, taking in what she had said.
"What?" I replied, coldly hoping to put her off but even I struggled to convince myself.
"You heard." She replied, I turned around to face her and her brown eyes sparkled in the dark of the night. I could hear someone come outside as the wind swung the door and slammed it against the wall, none of us bothered looking who it was and we continued to look each other in the eye. "What's going on?" A familiar voice said, it brought warmth and comfort which was exactly what I needed at this moment in time, of course I knew it was Oliver, before he even said a word as Hannah's eyes couldn't have lit up anymore if she tried. "Hannah thinks she knows something..." I replied, turning to face him, I could see the worry etched into his face.
A laugh escaped Hannah's mouth. "No, Veronica, I don't think, I know."
"Well?" Oliver asked, rather impatiently and my nerves started to build up.
"I know what you did in Vegas."

And that was it, the world seemed to stop spinning and my stomach felt like it was going to empty its contents on the floor. I think Oliver noticed as he stood behind me and I could see his hands slightly shaking. "I miss you Oli. I promise I won't say a word as long as you're with me! You just left like I was nothing to you after everything we had? How was that fair on me after everything she did to you? I just want to be with you, that's all it takes to keep V out of prison. I'm not gonna stop you from being friends or seeing your children but I want you back."
"Oh that's nice of you, letting us see our own children" I scoffed, not caring how badly it made the situation.
"V..." Oliver mumbled, as I felt the tears build up in my eyes.
"Don't actually tell me you're believing this? You're considering ending everything we have and everything we've worked for?" I snapped, stepping away from him.
"I just think-" he began but I cut him off, no way was I in any mood or state to hear what he had to say.
"You just think what?" I growled "you say all these things all the time Oliver, you fucking proposed to me a few days ago and now you're leaving me just because I'm not good enough?"
"No V, it's not like that. I just think this is how it's supposed to be, we all know the love of your life was Vic and mine is Hannah. It took some time for me to realise but maybe this is right for us, maybe this is what we need." Oliver explained as he walked over to Hannah.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing, how did I go from being one of the most happiest women in the world to losing everything in the space of a few days? The tears streamed down my face not that made any difference. This whole thing seemed far too stupid, it didn't make sense; why would you end things with your fiancé and mother of your child after trying so hard to work things out to be with a person you were with for five minutes? My breathing got shallower and I was pretty sure I was about to have a panic attack. I could see the concern in Oliver's eyes as he knew what was happening but he didn't console me. My hair once again stuck to my face due to the tears, I couldn't stay here any longer, I had to get back to the bus.

I turned and staggered away as best as I could, as the tears were clouding my vision badly now. I hoped and begged with all my heart that Oli would come after me, tell me that it was all a joke or that he had changed his mind but nothing. The wind was the only thing that could be heard as it unsettled the trees, the darkness all around enclosed me. I looked up to see the stars and the moon sparkling, I thought back over my life and all the things I had lost; my dad, my mum, my friends, my baby, my sister, my boyfriend and now my fiancé? I eventually got back to the bus and called a taxi to pick us up before I rushed around chucking the clothes I had brought into bags, as well as the kids; there wasn't a lot because it was only a festival for a few days so I knew my next stop was home. I woke up Alex and Ashley and they rubbed their eyes, perplexed by what was happening. "Mummy, where we going?" Ashley asked
"Home baby." I replied as I kissed his forehead gently. I left Oliver a note saying I took the kids and I'll be in touch in a few days so he can see them, I wasn't going to stop him from seeing them no matter how much he hurt me. This whole thing was between Oliver and I and there was no need to drag children into this wreck, it wasn't fair for any of us.
After a few minutes of waiting the taxi arrived, I piled the bags into the car and strapped the kids in before getting in myself. "Where to, love?" The driver asked and I shuddered at the nickname Oli so fondly used.
"Sheffield please." I replied as I fastened my seatbelt.
The driver nodded and we drove off into the night.

A/N That's it! I've decided this will be the last chapter. I feel like this is the limit of much stuff I can put into one story. However, if enough people want me to I'll begin working on a sequel as I already have some ideas. Thank you to everyone who has read, voted and even commented throughout. I never expected it to be as popular as it is and writing these chapters for you all have got me through some stuff. Thank you again and also thank you for your patience, feel free to let me know what you want.
I love you all:)