Chapter 68 ~ Drunken death

Oliver's POV

My mouth hung open in shock and I felt a strong squeeze on my hand from Veronica which sent me back into reality. I looked down at her innocent face which didn't seem to be that innocent anymore, the colour was drained from her making the thick dark black rings underlining her empty eyes. As I slowly moved my eyes down her body I took in her thin frame, the tight dark purple dress matched the colour of the bruises that were dotted around her body, flecks of red blood scattered every inch of the dress and dyed her shoes. I brought my hand slowly up to her face and ran my finger down her cheek making her close her eyes.

"Sorry to interrupt whatever it is going on here but he's going to die." Lindsey pointed out. We both turned around and looked at her.

"Why do you care?" Veronica spat

Lindsey opened her mouth to say something but closed it once again. "We should just leave him here, he's lost too much blood now anyway." She continued.

"What?" Lindsey breathed "Since when were you a doctor? This isn't your call to make."

"Are you defending him?"

"He's a person, V. You don't get to decide whether he lives or dies, you can't take his life away from him!"

Veronica scoffed and stepped forward "Excuse me but I don't remember you saying that at our sisters funeral? Lana DIED, because of him, your nephew has lost his mother because of him, he didn't get to choose to take Lana's life away from her but he did it anyway. Sam murdered my boyfriend and if you expect me to sit here and help him then you're wrong because I'm glad I did what I did and I'll still be saying that when I'm sitting in a cell."

Lindsey's eyes went wide before she nodded, "You're right and I'm sorry, I just don't know what to do." Tears poured from her eyes.

"Here's what you're going to do, I'm going to call Alex and get him to pick you up, he'll then take you back to our hotel and you can stay there and clean yourself up and wait for us to get back." I ordered and began to dial Alex's number.

Veronica's POV

"What are you doing? Why are you moving him?!" I asked slightly panicking as Oliver began dragging his body over near the edge of the roof.

"If we leave him here he's going to die and when the police get to him they'll know it was murder so if you want to hang around waiting for that be my guest?" He says, looking me straight in the eye. I shook my head and mumbled a quick "No"

"Well then, are you going to help or not?"

I quickly knelt down and grabbed both of his legs, moving him so he was near the back of the casino. Now what do we do?" I asked, my legs trembling.

"Just wait here, I need to go get an empty bottle." He informed me and walked away out of sight, looking down I couldn't stop the hatred that I felt inside for Sam and before I knew what I was doing I lifted his seemingly heavy body over the side and pushed him off, watching him fall down to the ground. I waited for a part of me to feel guilty, but it never came, I was completely remorseless.

A few minutes later Oliver returned with an empty beer bottle "Where the fucks he gone?" he asked looking around

"Over the side" I shrugged, like it was nothing. Oliver peered over the side and down at the ground where Sam's body lay. A small smile seemed to cross his face but I didn't know for certain due to the darkness. Oli simply dropped the bottle over the side and said "He was drunk and he fell."

I nodded my head, understanding what he was getting at. We stood looking at eachother for what seemed like a really long time, none of us said anything but it was comfortable. "Well thanks for your help Oliver but I think you've just got yourself into some serious shit." I broke the silence, beginning to walk away but a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "Is that it?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"Pretty much, unless you'd like me to sing a song about it?" I snapped

"Why are you being a bitch, do you know what I've just done for you?"

"I never asked you to, I didn't call you." I fired back

"No but I did it because..." He stopped himself and I looked to him

"You did it because what Oliver?" I growled

He sighed "I did it because I love you" he growled just as angrily and with that he pulled me into his chest and pressed his lips against mine, my mind was spinning, the butterflies appeared once again and he took my breath away...just like he always did.

A/N sorry for the short and terrible chapter but I haven't updated in a while because I've been revising for exams lately, so I'm sorry!