Chapter 7 ~ Tattoos

Veronica's POV

5 years later;

"So you'll fill in for them?!" Jenna excitedly yelled down the line

"Hm, I don't know Jen..." I hesitated

"Please please please please plea-"

"Okay, okay, fine, i'll do it for you but one condition" I bargained

"anything!" she screamed

"I want my own tour bus"

"yes of course!, your flight's tomorrow, check your emails!" and she hung up before I could change my mind, I laughed at her childish behaviour. I couldn't wait to see Jen again even though we live together I never see her, she's always away with her job being a band manager. I met Jenna when I was 16, I'm not really sure how. A day after the dreaded party I ran away from home, I dropped everything and everyone, all my friends and family. Except from Lana, she was the only one I keep intouch with, she was the only one I loved...besides Oliver.

I grimaced at the painful memories flooding back to me and I felt my eyes begin to tear up, I was a mess back then, I still am a mess, just one with a damn good job and more money than I knew what to do with. I'm a famous world wide model now, weird I know. It was strange being a no one and then turning into a somebody, but I was adament that fame wouldn't change me. You see when I ran away I lived on the streets for a few days, it sucked but no way was I going back to my family and that house, not after everything that had happened. I was taken in by a club, a strip club. Of course I was underage and it wasn't ideal but I was desperate and a job's a job right?

After a couple months they kicked me out, because I was pregnant and showing; admittingly it's not hot for a pregnant girl taking her clothes off unless it's your partner I guess. And yes, incase you were wondering, it was Sam's. Undoubtedly. I soon ran into Jenna, the sister I should of had, soon after and she took me in. She worked as a band manager but her boyfriend worked for a modelling agency, he set me up there. I literally owed my life to Jenna from that day on, with in the next few years I made it big, everyone knew me and I'd been all around the world, I was living my dream.

I also had a band called 'The Pretty Reckless', it was nothing major, just a hobby for when I had spare time which used to be all the while, but as the years went on I barely knew the meaning of the word anymore. Unfortunately, Woe, is me dropped out after some emergency and Warped Tour needed a stand in so Jenna called me, it did mean that I would have to cancel 3 months worth of my work but Jenna needed me and like I said, I owed her so it was totally worth it in my eyes.

********Next day********

I got off the plane, into the airport and collected my luggage, I tried to look for Jen but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. "ugh, Jen you promised you'd be here already" I mumbled under my breath, I stood there for a seconds before I heard my name being shouted, I looked around frantically and was then attacked into a hug. I tensed but then realised who it was and hugged back excitedly "Sorry I'm late but we have to get to the venue now, there's so many details to sort out!" she yelled over her shoulder and she hurried over to the cab, me following closely behind. Jen told the cab driver where to go and began driving.

"So do you want the good news or the bad news?" she hesitantly asked. I knew this was too good to be true, I rolled my eyes and sighed "Bad" I muttered.

"Well, your band's not here and they wont be until tomorrow...sometime...maybe" my eyes grew wide and I felt my cheeks getting hotter, Jen flinched at my anger expecting me to shout or something. Keep calm Veronica. I took a deep breath, clenched my fists and smiled, letting the anger rage inside of me instead. "-and" great there was more. "You don't have your own tour bus" she closed both of her eyes tight and burried her face into her hands, obviously not knowing what I was going to do next. "Jen you promised-" I began but she cut me off.