Chapter 53 ~ Honestly dear

A/N Sorry I've only just updated, I know it's been a while:( I'm off school now though for Christmas so I'll try and concentrate on writing updates. Thanks for reading!<3

Veronica's POV

The sky seemed to darken and the cold wind blew harshly, I rubbed at my arms trying to gain some warmth and cursed under my breath regretting that I didn't wear a jumper. The first drop of rain fell and splashed delicately on the floor and I knew it was only going to be a matter of seconds before it poured down. I began to run and just as predicted the thick black clouds released the rain, a sharp pain pierced through my side and I hissed. I was supposed to take it slow after my operation, I was definitely not supposed to be running about. Luckily we weren't that far from home and I made it back before Oliver. 

I stood in front of the front door, do I knock or do I just walk in? It felt wrong, even though my name was on the contract, this was not my home, not anymore. I sighed and opened the door myself, stepping into the warm house. "V?" A voice said and I snapped my head up and over to the doorway to see Nicholls standing there. I let out an awkward laugh not really sure what was going to happen, nothing felt the same. "Erm, yeah.." I began "That's me.."

His perplexed look remained for a few seconds before a bright smile replaced it, "It's really you!" he yelled as he bounded over to me and wrapped me into a tight hug, pressing hard on my stitches. "Careful" I mumbled rubbing my side while he apologised uncontrollably. The rest of the guys heard the commotion and made their way over shouting my name "Watch the stitches!" Nicholls yelled stepping in front of me like a bodyguard before I was enveloped into yet another hug, they agreed and he slowly moved away allowing them access. That was the one thing I loved about them all, they always made you feel welcome, maybe something has stayed the same.

We had been talking for a few hours before Lee decided to mention the one person I did not particulary want to talk about "So..." Lee began "Where's Oli?" The guys glared at Lee who was confused about what he'd done that was so wrong, I chuckled a little "It's fine...we had an argument that's all." The expressions on their faces again changed to sympathy "Where's Alexandra?" Jordan asked, sitting himself down on the sofa. I furrowed my eyebrows "Who's Alexandra?" I asked, looking at each of them 

"Your daughter?..." Nicholls stepped in and confusion filled every part of me, since when did my little girl get a name and why did I not get a say in it? "Oliver named her?" I mumbled to no one in particular, thoughts flooded my mind and I couldn't understand why we hadn't named her together, that's what we're supposed to do. The front door opened disturbing me from my thoughts, Oli had stepped in looking sad but as soon as he noticed I was in the room he suddenly became angry and I wasn't the only one to notice this. "We'll give you some alone time..." Lee trailed off and the rest mumbled a quick "yeah" as Oliver and I stared at each other. Jordan took "Alexandra" and they all walked off to the kitchen, closing the door behind them. The tension in the room was unbearable "Are you just going to stand there?" I asked, rolling my eyes. 

"Did you mean what you said?" he growled and I raised my eyebrow at him

"I say a lot of things." 

"Stop messing around Veronica, this isn't a game, this is for the rest of our lives. Did you mean what you said about not wanting to marry me?" he shouted, holding up the engagement that I had previously took off in the car "How dare you say that! You're not the victim here, I understand that this isn't a game but we're currently having this conversation because you put us here by fucking up as always." I retorted  

"That didn't answer my question."

"No, I don't want to marry you. Happy now?"

Oliver bit his lip and stared off into the distance, I knew he was trying not to cry or to show any signs that he was breaking inside but I knew all too well what he was feeling. He inhaled and looked straight into my eyes and I had to try and stop myself from forgiving him right there and then, I couldn't stand to see something upset him especially when I was the reason. Oli said something so quiet I couldn't quite hear it at first. I swallowed "What?" my voice came out hoarse and I was scared that I would break down in any second. "I said do you love me?" he repeated, not removing his eyes off of mine. Of course I loved Oliver, he was a massive part of my life, if not all of it, I had a child with him but you can love someone in more than one way, I wasn't sure he made me happy anymore and I didn't want to be in a dead relationship. 

I remained silent and Oliver shook his head before walking out of the front door and slamming it behind him. I felt the first tear roll down my cheek and I ran up the stairs, there was no way I could stay here anymore. I grabbed a couple of bags and through some clothes in before texting Tony that I was going to stay at there's for a few days to sort my head out and figure out what I should do. It was a blur but I'm pretty sure I ended things with Oliver. I didn't want to, it was just how things turned out. Nicholls, Jordan and Vegan walked into our room, well I suppose it was Oliver's room now, they no doubt heard the argument we had downstairs and wanted to know what had happened. I could feel their presence in the doorway "Find him." I whispered to no one in particular as I grabbed my bag and left the house into the cold dark night.