Chapter 67 ~ You keep flirting with disaster

"Is h-he d-dead?" I stuttered but V didn't answer me, she just stood looking at him lying there, drowning in his own blood. "Veronica!" I screamed "Is he dead?"

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" She cried "Do you want to let the whole of Las Vegas know what's just happened? Does it look like I know if he's dead or not Lindsey, does it look like I fucking know?!"

I took a deep breath and bent down, slowly placing two fingers on the side of his neck. "He's alive" I mumbled and Veronica's eyes widened, I couldn't read her emotions but that didn't really matter because I never could.

"Erm what do we do?" V asked, not taking her eyes off Sam.

"Give me your phone." I said

"What?"

"Give me your phone." I repeated

She slowly passed me it and I scrolled through her contacts until I found exactly the person I wanted. "Why what are you doing?!" She hissed, assuming I was calling the cops.

"Calling someone who can help." I waved her off and wandered away.

Oliver's POV

"I won!" Hannah yelled and through some notes up in the air causing me to laugh.

"You're turning into a right little gambler aren't you." I teased and placed my arm around her, she blushed and playfully hit my chest.

"Just because I'm doing way better that you, Sykes." She winked and took a bow. I grinned mischievously and picked her up bridal style.

"Oli, put me down!" She giggled, hitting my chest once again "This is not right, just because I'm smaller than you!"

I eventually put her down and she slipped her hand into mine which surprised me but I didn't pull away, I wasn't sure what this meant. We walked around until we came across Alex who was just sitting at a slot machine, not paying much attention. "Hey Alex!" Hannah beamed making him jump and look up at us, Alex glanced down at our hands and subtly looked at me but I just shrugged letting him know I had no idea either; I knew he didn't like the idea of Hannah and I being together, he had nothing against her but let's just say he had told me plenty of times about who he thought I should be with. "Hey guys." He smiled weakly

"What's wrong with you mate, you look like you've lost a fiver and found a penny." I said, Hannah laughed with me but Alex just raised his eyebrow at the British saying, I could see him debating on whether to ask but he shook it off

"Have you seen Lindsey around?" He asked and a smirk crossed my face

"Nope." I replied popping the 'p' "Sorry man." Alex nodded and my phone started vibrating; I took it out of my pocket and my face dropped.

"Everything alright?" Hannah asked, worry etched in her face.

"Y-yeah" I mumbled "Sorry guys, I'll be back in a minute" I untangled my hand from Hannah's and walked away before answering the call.

"V-Veronica?" I answer

"Oliver?" The voice spoke but I knew it wasn't Veronica and I couldn't understand if I was happy or not about that.

"Erm Lindsey, what's going on?" I said nervously

"Listen, there's been a situation..."

Veronica's POV

Lindsey handed my phone back to me but I was too stunned to ask who she had called, the thick red blood was spreading everywhere and I didn't know what to do, I should of been happy that he was alive but I wasn't. I looked down at my dress that was covered in flecks of Sam's blood, my hands were covered in it too and shaking like crazy. The crunching sound from the pole being smashed into the back of his skull drained the life of me, never in a million years would I of thought of myself as some sort of attempted murderer. The scene replayed in my mind and I couldn't take it anymore "I-I think I'm going to be si-" I began but was cut off by vomiting over the side of the building. I looked up through my tear filled eyes to see Lindsey looking as equally scared and repulsed by the whole thing as I was.

"Lindsey?" A voice called out making both of us jump

"Yeah, over here!" She yelled

"Please tell me you did not call-" I started but before I could finish my sentence for a second time I was cut off by Oliver gazing down at me. "Ugh" I groaned "I thought you said you were going to call someone that could help." Lindsey rolled my eyes but Oliver just chuckled.

"You don't look so good V, what do you need help with?" He asked. I couldn't find the words to say what had happened so I just pointed over in the direction where Sam was lying just around the corner. Oliver's eyebrows furrowed as he gazed around trying to find out what I was pointing at. I stood up and held Oli's hand, slowly leading him over with Lindsey not far behind. "There..." I breathed and I felt him grip my hand tighter. The colour had drained from his face and I could see panic carved into his face.

"What the hell have you two done..."