Chapter 70 ~ Welcome back

Veronica's POV

"So I completely understand if you don't like me or no longer want anything to do with me but I'm back and I'm honestly here to stay." I finished up, Oliver and I were currently telling the guys that I was back for good I wasn't sure what the out come would be. Their eyes, including Hannah's and my mothers all stared at me while Lindsey's were full of encouragement. The room went silent and I looked drown at the ground in embarrassment. Suddenly Nicholls got up and stood in front of me, I gazed up, meeting his eyes for a second before he pulled me into a hug. "Welcome back sis." He said and everyone else in the room cheered, coming up to hug me as well but I couldn't help but feel the glare of Hannah's eyes burning into me, I did my best to ignore it.

"Are you coming back to Sheffield today? Where are your things?" Vegan asked but before I could reply Oliver stepped in.

"Yeah she is, we're going to go back to her place now to get them." I smiled weakly and scratched my arm, something I always did when I was nervous. I didn't want to go back, I didn't want to see his things in the house we shared. I zoned out for a few minutes, letting people chat "Ready to go love?" Oliver whispered and I nodded "Okay, see you at the airport guys."

We walked out of the hotel and into the car "You're okay to give me directions aren't you babe?" Oli questioned and I nodded my head, telling him where to turn.

-------------

Around ten minutes later we pulled up outside the big house that was supposed to be my home. I stepped out of the car and marched right up to the front door, leaving Oliver following close behind me. Running up the stairs and into the bedroom in quickly grabbed my suitcase from the wardrobe and placed it on my bed. I was in my own world, throwing my clothes into my suitcase not even bothering to fold them nicely, I just wanted to get out of this house as quickly as I could, it wasn't doing anything for me by being here.

Oliver's POV

She darted up the stairs and I followed her, she ran into a room that was hers, or theirs and she had already started getting her stuff. I wandered into the bedroom and looked around, it was fairly huge but then again so was this house. Pictures of them were dotted around the place and I felt my stomach flip with repulse aswell as anger, Veronica was smiling in every picture but it wasn't genuine, he had his arms around her with his fingers slightly gripping onto her skin probably causing some sort of pain; most people wouldn't think anything of it but most people didn't know the type of man he was. I glanced over at V, the bottom of her jumper came up when she stretched revealing huge black bruises, even though I had seen the ones on her arms they weren't as bad as these ones. The thought of knowing someone was hurting her was unbearable and I didn't know what to do, there was nothing I could do, I wasn't there.

I stood in the middle of the room for a few seconds watching her run about, collecting things from draws and wardrobes but then she slowed down and eventually stopped while spinning in a circle to see if she had forgot anything. I walked behind her, wrapped my arms around her waist and she leant back safely into my arms. I kissed the top of her head "Got everything?" I asked

"Mhmm...we're good to go." She smiled

I nodded while releasing her and walked over to her luggage and carrying them back to the car. Veronica jumped into the passenger seat and let out a long sigh. "Ready to go to the airport?" I questioned and placed my hand over hers

"Ready."

A/N sorry for not updating sooner!