Chapter 63 ~ What are we doing here?

Third person POV
Two weeks later

Veronica sat on the chair and spun around clockwise waiting for Dr Greyson to walk in. It was only two weeks into her counselling sessions and yet she felt like she had been here for most of her life answering the same questions. Her therapist opened the door and strode over to the comfortable large black chair that was placed near the centre of the room "Well you took your time" she snapped looking at the clock which told her that her therapy session had been delayed ten minutes not that she really cared. Dr Greyson sighed but a slight smirk crossed his face, although Veronica hadn't been in the hospital for long he grew used to her abrupt ways and sarcasm, it even made him laugh occasionally.

"Where did we get up to?" He asked as he flipped through his notepad looking for yesterday's session. "Do we have to keep talking about Oliver betraying me? It's getting old"

"Well we can revisit the subject, what did you have in mind?" Dr Greyson asked, his brown eyes managed to burn against the coldness of her blue ones. "I don't" she mumbled, looking away, she always hated people looking into her eyes, like they would give up her secrets in a second. "Tony, let's talk about Tony" he beamed as he sat up straight and Veronica groaned

"Nothing much to tell, Tony's my best friend, well I thought he was. I've only known him for around five years and but he's been there a lot when others weren't, I thought he was looking out for me but it turns out he wasn't, he was just another backstabber. The thing about Tony is he's got these lovely innocent eyes but really...well let's just say I made the mistake of falling for them"

"Hmm, interesting, Oliver?"

"He's protective over anything he loves, he'll rarely tells you that he loves you but when he does...it's just nice, you just get a warm fuzzy feeling and you know he means it. I haven't exactly heard that in a while..."

"...Vic?" He asked and the breath hitched in Veronica's throat, her eyes went wide with shock as she stared at doctor Greyson like he had just said the worst thing in the world, but to Veronica he had done. She sat there paralysed with the same horrific look of pain, guilt and misery on her face. She'd stopped breathing but her heart was racing so loud she was surprised no one could hear it. Memories flashed through her mind, back when she was happy. She shook her head slowly and a tear rolled down her face followed quickly by more and more until she was sobbing her eyes out and bent over clutching herself on the floor.

Doctor Greyson sat there watching her not believing the amount of emotion that was currently pouring out of Veronica. He had broke down her strong walls with only one word, a single name and he had never seen this much emotion coming from V, she had always been solemn since she had arrived but this was exactly the reaction he had wanted. He had broken Veronica Radford.

Veronica's POV

I woke up to be in the safeness of my room, only it wasn't really safe and it wasn't really mine, it was just a room. My eyelashes stuck to my eyelids and my face was stiff from the dried tears, my eyes themselves seemed to ache if that was possible and I desperately wanted to close them. "Better now?" A voice said from across the room and I snapped my head I've to their direction to see my wonderful therapist in the corner. I glared at him "you had no right to bring up Vic, no right!" I screamed and I notice him flinch at my loud voice, I didn't know I could speak at that volume. Dr Greyson nodded his head "I know, I'm sorry"

I snorted in response "Sorry? You're not sorry, you push and you push and you push and when I break you come out with the word 'sorry', it's pathetic."

He nodded his head once more and left the room leaving Veronica in the white painted room which was more than likely to turn the most sane person crazy if they stayed here long enough.

Oliver's POV

'I'm sorry brother,
So sorry lover,
Forgive me father,
I love you mother.'

"That sounds better actually, did you want to change the next part or is it okay?" I asked my band mates who looked extremely unenthusiastic

"Oliver it's fine the way it is, we've been over this fifteen times, can we end practice now?" Jordan asked and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion

"Erm hello, you're the one that pushed me to make a new album even though it's the last thing I want to do, I want this to be perfect and excuse me for thinking that you wanted that too" I snapped and he took a step back and sighed

"Of course we do but we've been practicing for nearly 12 hours non stop can we please go home now, we can work on it tomorrow"

"You can go if you want but this album needs to be the best and I'm not going to rest until i achieve that okay" I replied and returned to my microphone to begin the song again. The guys slowly stood up from their seats muttering and left the room, not that I cared, I did not need to be around negative energy at the minute. I just needed to be focused.

Lee's POV

"Fucks sake, I'm really getting tired of this" Jordan mumbled, kicking the ground lightly

"You wanted it to take his mind off of things" Nicholls replied and jordan scoffed
"Yes I did, but this is slightly fucking ridiculous"

Nicholls shrugged in response "Has he been to see Veronica yet?"

I shook my head "No, he doesn't even acknowledge her anymore, it's like she's dead or some shit"

"Maybe we should go see her?" Vegan chimed in and jordan laughed while rolling his eyes "oh yeah, with all that time that Oli let's us have off during practice"

"Well two of us could go and two of us could stay therefore it's less suspicious" vegan replied and we all agreed and took part in a heated battle of Rock Paper Scissors

"Are you kidding?!" Jordan cried "best out of three! I demand a rematch!"

"You can demand all you want princess, it's not gonna happen" Nicholls laughed "so Lee and I will go see her tomorrow and you two can join Oliver for practice"

"Fine" Jordan grumbled as he walked to his car and drove away.

Veronica's pov
"Veronica love, you've got visitors" a carer said from the doorway and I put down my paintbrush and followed her out of the room.

"Who are my visitors? Who would want to see me?" I asked and the woman that I knew as Maggie "no idea love, old friends of yours, apparently you haven't seen them for a few years, should be good for you though, seeing friendly faces for a few hours" and she turned away leaving me to continue down the long corridor on my own, as I got to the end my mouth dropped open slightly and my heart rate increased rapidly as my eyes gazed over the man standing before me. Why was he here? Actually a better question would be how was he here?
"Hello Veronica" he said "Long time no see."

"S-Sam"

A/N sorry I haven't updated for a while, I've had exams and I'm sorry for changing POV's so much in one chapter<3