Chapter 22 ~ Time isn't on my side

A/N Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!, I'm sorry it took so long to update. I was a little busy getting my stuff ready for school because I have to go back on thursday:((((( 

Look at Jaime to the side though, sassy fucker;) heheheheh

Anyway here's the chapter, enjoy;3<3

Veronica's POV

"You shouldn't hide from me babe, it won't get you very far...clearly" he smirked, I felt disgust fill my entire body just by looking at him. He picked me up and I started kicking and screaming for him to put me down; it didn't work. "Fiesty as always V" he laughed and tied me up before sitting me down on the booth. Sam looked me in the eyes and his mood completely changed "Why did you leave me Veronica?! You were the best thing in my life, you said you loved me!" he screamed, his face turned red and the vein in the side of his neck was prominent almost like it was going to burst. Haha, I wish.

I sat there in silence, I was not going to talk to this man, if you can call him that. I smirked.

"I'm glad you find that funny, I'd find sending a bullet through your brain funny, shall we try it?" He said holding the gun to my head. I called his bluff and shrugged. I realise that it wasn't the best idea but I knew he wouldn't do it. 

"Fuck" he shouted lowering the gun obviously believing my lie, pathetic. "So where's Oliver? I know he's here so you may aswell get him." Oliver had fucked my life up and even though I'm not his biggest fan at the time moment, I was not going to let him get killed. I looked at the fround, staying silent. "No? I'll find him sooner or later, he'll save you, well try." Sam laughed "Where's that guy you're always with? What's his name? Vic?" he asked, I tensed up and he smirked "Thought so, where is the knight in shining armor?"

"Here" a voice said, I turned around and saw Vic leaning against the doorway like this was the most natural thing in the world. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped for a few seconds, was he insane? I gave him a warning look which he just replied with a small smile. "Ah there he is, you're not much of a rescuer, sit down" Sam laughed pointing the gun to Vic. Vic sat down on the same booth but opposite me. "This is nice isn't it Veronica?" Sam scoffed, I remained silent. "God damn it bitch!, enough with the silent treatment" he shouted.

"No? Fine have it your way" an evil smile crossed his face. I heard a bang and Vic cried out in pain, blood was pouring from his shoulder and I screamed, tears running down my face. "What the fuck?" I choked out inbetween sobs.

"Oh look, she talks" Sam said amused obviously getting the reaction he very much wanted. "Maybe the only way I can hurt you is if I hurt him. What about you Vic? Is it the same? Because I really need to get you back because you actually have something that belongs to me." Vic wouldn't say anything, he held his wound tightly but the blood wouldn't stop flowing, I knew he was bleeding out. He looked at me with pain filled eyes and I felt my heart crack. "Lets have an experiment" Sam suggest moving the gun to my shoulder, he got ready to pull the trigger and I shut my eyes. Even though I used to inflict pain on myself, I wasn't ready for this.

"No" Vic coughed out "Please." I sighed out in relief when he moved the gun away. I needed to get Vic help or he wouldn't survive. I scanned the room and noticed my phone on the counter. "I love you" I said looking over at Sam. I noticed Vic's eyes, I felt guilty but quickly reassured myself. I was doing this for him. "Y-you do?" He replied, I look deep inside his eyes and for a split second I saw humanity flicker behind his eyes, but it disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared. "Yes, it's always been you. I wanted you back but I never thought you felt the same way." I lied.

"No, you're lying. You just want to save yourselves" shit.

"No, I could care less about Vic. You own my heart. By the way you might want to sort his arm out or he'll die and you'll have no one to hurt" I winked. Vic stared at me and it felt like I just ripped the heart from his chest and jumped on it, infact that sounds less painful. "You're right babe, can you do it? Get the stuff you need" he told me, untying the rope around my wrists. I stood up and he kissed my cheek as I walked by, I grabbed my phone and made my way into the bathroom pretending to look for the first aid kit.

I quickly tried to turn my phone on. Nothing. "Come on, come on" I whispered but nothing happened, it was dead. Tears quickly began to fall and I started to doubt if we'd get out of here alive. I walked out and grabbed a towel before making my way back to the front of the bus. Vic was drowsy from the blood loss, he tried to back away from me but then looked at me and realised my plan. I wrapped the cloth around his shoulder and it seemed to hold back the blood. "Thanks" he mumbled trying to keep his eyes open.

I nodded and stood by Sam, he wrapped an arms around my waist, I tensed trying to hold back the repulsiveness I felt for him. I looked down at the gun he was holding, maybe if I just...

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Sam growled turning his attention back to me. Before I could reply another shot was fired and I was on the floor. My stomach was burning, I felt warm liquid running rapidly out of my body, the air was trapped in my throat as I tried to scream. Forcing my eyes over to the side I looked at Vic, his eyes were wide in fear, he was crying and screaming my name but it sounded muffled.

My eyes felt heavy, I heard a shrieking cry that undoubtedly belonged to a baby and then? 

Darkness.