Chapter 46 ~ You're drowning in the flood

Oliver's POV

Veronica walked up the stairs and I knew that she was breaking inside, she tried putting on a brave face but I could see how much she wanted to cry. This was what I was afraid of, seeing her hurt. I hate seeing her upset but knowing that I was the reason why made everything so much worse. "Don't worry Oli, you can stay with me, we can be together now." Zara said taking my hand in hers. I pulled away and stared at her "You've got to be kidding me?" I replied "How many more times do I have to tell you? I'm not interested."

She scoffed "Fine, be like that, you know where I am when you've changed your mind." and with that she walked out of the door, slamming it behind her. "Well..." Vegan started 

"Don't even start." I spat

"Hey, you caused this Oli not us, fair enough we should of told her and not listened to you but that's the only thing we've done wrong. So considering we're the only people you have left at the moment I think you should play nice, don't you?" Jordan retaliated and I nodded, knowing he was right. I had a family an hour ago but right now I had nothing. I know I had my music and fans but at the end of the day I was nothing without V. "Good, so you can stay at mine for a while and give her some space... a lot of space." Jordan said, emphasising 'a lot' "Go get some clothes and don't even think about going near V, you'll make it worse. We'll be waiting outside." and they all left. 

I walked up the stairs and I could hear the taps running as well as sobs coming from behind the door, there was nothing I wanted more than to run in there and hold her in my arms but I knew I couldn't, she wouldn't forgive me and I had a warning from the guys already. I opened the door to our bedroom and walked in, I  stood staring at all the pictures hanging up on the wall all the memories we'd created. Sighing, I grabbed a bag and stuffed clothes into it, wiping out half of my wardrobe. I wasn't exactly sure how much I would need but I followed Jordan's words "a lot". Just as I was about to leave something caught my eye, I recognised it straight away as the scan picture. Picking it up, I ran my index finger over it and I felt my eyes fill up with tears. I took a deep breath and shoved the picture into my back pocket before walking down the stairs. I opened the front door and stood there for a minute taking in the layout but a noise that sounded like a scream interrupted my thoughts. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, I paused for a second but it was silent except for the faint sound of the taps running in the background. "Oli come on, we have to walk home so now would be good." Lee shouted and I reluctantly agreed, closing the door and following them down the street. 

We were half way home and the guys were doing their best to lighten up the mood but it wasn't really working, I wasn't paying attention to the conversation and my mind kept on wondering to Veronica. What if she was in trouble and she did scream? What if I didn't imagine it? "...isn't it Oli?" Nicholls said, shaking me out of my thoughts. "Uh...yeah." I agreed even though I had no clue what I was agreeing to. "Come on man, everything will be okay in the end." Jordan said, patting me on the back. I stopped dead in my tracks and so did the others, they were all giving me suspicious looks. I couldn't get rid of the thought that something bad had happened to her and whether she was fine or not I wasn't going to leave without finding out. I broke out in a run in the direction of our house, I could hear the guys shouting and their heavy footsteps chasing after me but I didn't stop. 

Twenty minutes later I reached our house and I jogged up the front door, I instantly heard the taps still running and I knew something was wrong. "What are you doing? She needs time on her own." Nicholls argued but I ignored him. "Something's not right." I mumbled as I walked over to the stairs. Water ran down them, soaking the carpet. "Oliver, water's dripping from the ceiling..." Lee called from the living room. "Shit." I muttered and ran up the stairs, the sound of water running from the taps got louder and it trickled out from underneath the closed door. I grabbed the handle and tried to open it but it didn't, she'd obviously locked it. "Veronica!" I yelled, bashing on the door but she didn't reply "Baby, can you hear me?" Silence. 

"What's going on up there?" Vegan shouted from downstairs but I couldn't reply, I just needed to get in. I took a run up and kicked the door; it swung open and water gushed out drenching my jeans in the process. A lifeless body was sprawled out on the floor with blood surrounding it "Oh god." I muttered and ran over to her. I wrapped my arms around her, she was soaking and her pulse was weak but at least she was still alive. "Fucking hell..." a voice said coming from the door, I didn't need to look up to know it was Nicholls. "Y-you n-need to c-call someone." I stuttered and he nodded before running off downstairs. I ran my fingers through her wet, blonde, knotted hair "You'll be okay, you'll be okay, you'll be okay." I whispered and kissed her forehead lightly "Please be okay, I need you, I can't live without you. You're my world, don't leave." Tears fell from my eyes uncontrollably.

"Ambulance is on it's way." Nicholls announced, suddenly the rest of the guys appeared. They took one look at V and their eyes went wide "Oh my god..." Jordan mumbled "Oliver you need to come out here, the ceiling can't take much more, it's going to collapse if you don't move."

"Are you mad? I'm n-not leaving h-her again, if she goes t-then I g-go."

"You're putting both of their lives in danger if you stay with her." Jordan persuaded but I shook my head

"No, I c-can't leave her o-or the b-baby, they need m-me." I cried out, I rubbed her cheek lightly with my thumb, her face looked like she was in pain and I don't think I've ever felt more guilty in my life, what if I had never left? I should of seen if she was okay. "If you come out of there, they'll both be okay." 

"Promise?" I asked, it fell silent and then I saw Nicholls giving him a warning look but Jordan ignored it 

"Promise." he replied and I sighed before slowly walking over to the guys, making sure I wouldn't break the ceiling and we wouldn't fall to our deaths. I heard the sirens loud and clear, Vegan went off to get them and I fell onto the floor in tears, arms wrapped around me and I sobbed into someone's shoulder. Voices became louder and I knew the paramedics were here, they raced up the stairs "Her name's Veronica and she's eight months pregnant." Vegan told them as they walked cautiously into the bathroom. I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them, I ignored the comforting words that she would be alright because they were just saying that.

I didn't bother wiping away the tears either because I honestly knew that there'd be more...