Chapter 60 ~ Internally hating

Veronica's POV

"Boyfriend? What?" Oliver said completely confused. I tried to move but the fear held me in place, I tried to hide behind Oliver but he wouldn't let me. "V? Are you going to explain?"

Considering I was unbelievably wrecked a few minutes ago I was more than sober right now, apparently shock does that to people. "N-no, I don't know him." I mumbled, looking down at the floor.

"Is this some sort of sick joke?" Oli asked, I could hear pure anger in his voice "Fuck off."
Ben stood staring at him for a few seconds and then looked over to me and I knew I would regret saying that I didn't know him. "Okay, fine... I'm going." He replied putting his arms up in the air and moving slowly away from the door but as he moved past me he grabbed my wrist and pulled me close "bad choice" And with that he walked off. I could feel the colour drain from my face, my legs went weak and I grabbed onto the black metal fence to steady myself. Oliver stood in the doorway "V? Are you planning on standing there all night?" I knew he was trying to not direct his anger at me but I could tell he was struggling with it

I shook my head and walked up to him "You can explain that one later on, my head is killing." He mumbled and began to walk up the stairs to bed.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked, looking up at him my heart racing at a million miles per hour. Oli stopped halfway up the stairs and looked down at me, the anger in his eyes disappeared and was replaced by sympathy and his face softened. He walked back down the stairs and over to me, pulling me into his chest. "No of course not V, I can never be mad at you. I'm mad at him, you don't know him but he knows where you live and it's pretty fucking creepy. What if I hadn't of been there and you were alone?"

I shrugged in response not really interested in this conversation. "So are you going to explain what it was all about?" He asked, holding me at arms length. Oliver tried to get me to look at him but I wouldn't, I couldn't. "There's nothing to tell." I chuckled lightly to try and lighten the mood "I told you I didn't know him, he's probably just a confused fan. Maybe he lives around here? I mean there's obviously more than one fan in the world that knows where we live."

Oli just nodded and decided to let it go although I was unsure whether or not he believed my excuse. "Nevermind I guess...I'm going to bed, are you coming?" He yawned and extended his hand out to me "Yeah, I'm going to get some water though. I'll be up in a bit." I answered back and Oliver nodded and kissed me before going back up the stairs, I waited until I heard our bedroom door close and that's when I let out my breath that I hadn't realised I had been holding. My phone went off and I quickly grabbed my bag and pulled out my phone;

Unknown number:
"See you around, sweetheart"

The room seemed to block itself out and I just stood there, piecing everything together. The man at the club tonight was him. I felt so stupid, why did I not realise sooner? Why did I take that drink off him? I groaned, internally hating myself for all the mistakes I had made. My breathing hitched and I felt like I was choking, he knew where I lived, I couldn't get away from him, he'd followed me all the way from San Diego.

I started pacing up and down the room and my body began to violently shake in fear, tears rolled down cheeks but I couldn't cry incase Oliver heard so I bit down on my tongue.

What if he got into my house? I had a family and I was supposed to protect them but I was doing the complete opposite. I do nothing but bring trouble into this family and sometimes I wonder if it was truly worth coming back. I was happy to finally be okay with Oli after all this time but it's not like it matters because as soon as he finds out about this then our non existent relationship would be over.

I felt sick with guilt and worry, what was I supposed to do? How was I supposed to explain that I was getting blackmailed and stalked by some obsessive fan? I couldn't tell anyone because I had brought this on myself, I had created this mess and I'd somehow have to deal with it... On my own.

I'm not sure how long I've been standing in this living room thinking about all possibilities but the sun had started to rise and the birds were sat in leafless trees singing away without a care in the world. My eyes were heavy from lack of sleep, I stayed up all night making sure that freak would not come anywhere near me. I was constantly refreshing celebrity gossip websites to see if my "secret past" had been revealed but luckily for me it hadn't although I was sure it wouldn't be long.

My cheeks felt stiff from all the dried tears, I wanted to cry more but it honestly felt like there was none left in me anymore. I didn't have any energy to do anything even the most simplest things like talking or moving. I just stood there emotionless waiting for something...

The end of my career? My family? My life?

Who knows, all I could do was wait.