Chapter 44 ~ I've got a secret.

Oliver's POV

1 month later

"No, we can't." I whispered pushing her off me.

"You weren't saying that the last time, or the time before that...come to think of it you haven't for the past six months" Zara scoffed, my heart dropped at her words and I knew she was right. I had been cheating on the love of my life for six months behind her back, she was eight months pregnant with my child and I was doing this to her. If I'm honest it really wasn't what I wanted, I know that's a poor excuse but it's the truth, I was trying to make the situation better but it wasn't working. We were currently on our way home and as much as I wanted to see Veronica I knew that I'd have to look her in the eyes and lie to her.

"It's different now." I said grabbing a drink from the fridge

"How the hell is it different Oliver? Because she's pregnant? Well sorry to disappoint but you were well aware of that fact way before we got together." She raised her voice

"Can you not shout? You'll wake the guys up." I asked sitting down on the booth watching the moving scenery from the bus window. "So what does this mean? You're breaking up with me?"

A slight laugh escaped my lips "I was never with you Zara, it was just a mistake."

"Right..." She mumbled, hurt encased her voice and she looked down at the ground "Well I'll remember that in future..." Zara walked off to the bunk area, climbed in and pulled the curtain across so that she was no longer visible. I let out a heavy sigh and ran my fingers through my hair, how did everything become this messed up?

Veronica's POV

A loud crash of thunder and lightning struck outside, rain thrashed the window waking me up. I hated storms and Oliver still wasn't back which he said he would be. It was pitch black outside and the dim light that came from the small table lamp beside me illuminated the room. I shivered and looked down only to see that I had fell asleep on top of the covers instead of under them, I couldn't even remember drifting off. I looked at the clock; 3:48am. Crying travelled from Ashley's room and down the hallway, I got up and shuffled down the hall making my way into his room. He was standing up and clinging onto the wooden bars of the cot with tears running down his face "Hey little man." I cooed as I picked him up. He nustled into my neck and I carried him back to my room, I doubt I'd fall asleep again due to the storm anyway. 

Ashley was getting bigger everyday, he'd learnt how to stand, crawl, grab things and he could even pull himself up by using furniture and things. Everyday was something new, he looked so much like his parents and I couldn't help but think about Tom and how much of this he was missing out on. He wasn't going to witness the most amazing things in his son's early life and he'd regret it. What am I supposed to do when he's older? How do you tell someone that their mum died because of your ex boyfriend and that his dad abandoned him because he couldn't deal with anything? I knew I had a few years left to think about that but it was always at the back of my mind besides if the years were going to fly as much as the past few months have then it'd be here before I knew it. Hopefully Tom would be back soon and I wouldnt' have to go through it.

I let the thoughts flood my head and even created a few problems that didn't exist like always. Ashley had settled back down and was now sleeping on Oliver's side of the bed. Oliver. He still wasn't back, maybe the traffic was bad or the storm held them up. The thoughts of my nephew were soon replaced with scenario's about what had happened to my boyfriend...and then I fell asleep.

-----------------------------------

I fluttered my eyes open to the sun flooding the room through the gaps in the blinds and Oliver lying next to me with Ashley sitting opposite him on the bed, they were both giggling and playing some kind of game. I rubbed my eyes and yawned "Morning beautiful." Oliver greeted pulling me into his chest.