Chapter 28 ~ I'll be waiting

Veronica's POV

It was starting to get dark and I knew I should probably head back to the bus to get ready for the meal that everyone was planning. Walking slowly I took in everything around me, acting like I had never seen it before. I approached Bring Me's bus and paused for a second before pushing the door open. "V!" voices shouted and I was soon enveloped into tight group hug. "Guys...I can't-can't breathe" I coughed out, they chuckled and let go, I studied them and they looked rather smart in a dress shirt and a tie. I guess that meant I'd have to try hard with my appearance too.

Oliver was no where in sight but I shrugged it off, he was probably in the back lounge or something. "Your stuff's upsairs, we're meeting everyone in an hour so don't be too long" Vegan grinned which disturbed my thoughts of Oli. I nodded and dragged my feet up the stairs. I walked into the familiar room and sat on Oli's bunk. The room was a mess which didn't really surprise me, I looked down at my hands and noticed the ring that Vic had bought me a few months back, it was a promise ring; a simple bow that was made to look like it was tied around your finger. It was the cutest thing ever, he knew I didn't want to be married at 21 so he told me one day he'd replace it with an engagement ring but now he'll never have the chance.

I shook my head trying to get rid of the memories that were painful to think about and wiped a stray tear that had fell down my cheek. I took a deep sigh and stood up looking for an outfit that I could wear for tonight.

I decided not to make too much of an effort because I really couldn't be bothered and I doubt anyone would really notice or care what I was wearing as long as I turned up. Picking up a black crop top and a tight black pencil skirt that ended just above my knee I made my way to the bathroom and took a quick shower, knowing that I couldn't be too long. I then slipped on a pair of black heels and put my signature dark black eyeshadow around my eyes, I was basically known for this...and the lack of clothes I wore. (A/N outfit to the side and the promise ring, aw aw aw.)

I threw on some jewellery and walked down the stairs only to be greeted by Matt. "You look beautiful" he complimented as his eyes looked me up and down, I smiled in appreciation "you don't look too bad yourself, where are the rest?" I asked, looking round the empty tour bus.

"They left already, I said I'd wait for you and we'd meet them there...We're a little late"

I nodded and hooked my arm in his as we left the bus and into a cab, I had no idea where we were going.

---------

We pulled up outside the fancy restaurant where a load of fans and a few paparazzi were hanging around outside; obviously catching on that we were all going to be here tonight. "Will you be okay?" Matt asked, his expression filled with worry and doubt, I assumed he was talking about the fact that I hadn't been in the public eye since...well...you know. I gave a reassuring smile even though I felt my anxiety kicking in, maybe he'd believe I was okay and then I would too.

As we moved towards the restaurant doors the fans automatically starting screaming, camera flashes were set off and everyone was firing questions but I blocked it all out, I wasn't in the mood, I was here to spend time with my friends and not to talk about Vic.

The waitress took Matt and I over to the huge table that had been arranged for us, the rest of the guys were already there and nearly wasted. They all noticed we were walking over and they cheered loudly which earned several annoyed glares from other customers, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up being kicked out tonight. I placed myself between Tony and Jaime, it still hadn't sunk in that they were leaving tomorrow and I had no idea how long it would be until I would see them again, they tried to make me feel better saying that there's other ways to communicate but it's not the same is it? They were my family.

Drinks were flowing and everyone was in different conversations, it was hard to join in with them all. I had more than enough to drink but I wasn't going to stop even though I'd probably regret it in the morning. A rather drunken Oliver who had been eyeing me for most of the night finally mustered up enough courage to come and talk to me, my heart started racing as he inched closer to where I sat. "V can I talk to you...in private?" he slurred, I excused myself to Alex who I was currently talking to and staggered closely behind Oliver. He lead us outside through the back way obviously because the fans and everyone else were still waiting for us round the front. We walked outside the humid air hitting me in the face, shutting the door behind me I looked at him waiting for him to say whatever he needed to get off his chest.

"Veronica" he started "I just want to say how bad I feel for trying to make a move on you earlier, I should of been more respectful after everything you've been through..." he glanced down at my lips and then back up to my eyes, they burned into mine and all I could see was the admiration and love he had for me. Before I knew what had happened his lips crashed onto mine sending sparks flying through my body, a few seconds later he pulled away; leaving me shocked and surprisingly wanting more.

I felt insanely guilty.

"I-I love you, no one had ever compared to you and I know I've never been the best person to you over the years but that doesn't mean I don't feel things for you. Because I do right from when I first stood on your doorstep when we were 16. I knew you were the one. I-I honestly don't know what I'd do without you, I'm going to wait for you, no matter how long it is, because that's what you do for the people you love." he finished and walked back inside leaving me confused.

I was totally unsure of what I felt, loving Oliver felt right but so wrong at the same time. I felt like I was somehow betraying Vic. I stood outside racking my brains of an answer that I so desperately needed, I needed someone to tell me what to do. I found myself grow angry at the words he said, he always put me in this position, every fucking time! Oliver Scott Sykes had mind fucked me once again and the broken fragments of my life that I had slowly started to rebuild was shattered once more.

I sloped back inside avoiding all eye contact with Oliver, he probably won't even remember what he said in the morning, this is why tonight of all nights he shouldn't of confessed his feelings for me. I sat back down in my seat and Tony wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulled me close and kissed my temple "are you okay?" he mumbled, I sighed at the familiar question, it seemed to be the only thing that people said to me lately. I gazed down the long table and noticed Oliver  staring at me, I was sure jealousy was flickering in his eyes, I shifted slightly in my seat and gave Tony a nod. "Perfect" I beamed and downed my drink that had been placed infront of me, nothing was going to ruin my night... not even Oliver.