Chapter 37 ~ Sober thoughts and drunken words

Oliver POV

I was so angry, how could she keep this from me? My girlfriend, the one who I would give everything up for lied to me and kept things from me that were so important. Our family was falling apart and she didn't mention anything, she kept it all to herself. I ran out into the streets slamming the door behind me, the cold winds blew harshly and I rubbed my arms trying to keep myself warm, I chuckled to myself remembering I brought a jacket and slipped it on. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, how did things get like this? I had no idea where my Tom was, this was Sheffield, he could be anywhere. I checked some ally ways, side streets, bus shelters but there was nothing, I knew he was probably long gone by now but I decided to check the train station. I jumped in the taxi and told him where to take me, the taxi driver obliged and sped off down the streets. 

He pulled up and I gave him the money before jumping out and sprinting to the platform. I looked around hopefully but there was no sign of him anywhere, I even checked with some of the platform wardens and showed them his photo but they all said they hadn't seen him tonight. I sighed in defeat and began walking away. I just hoped he was okay, I didn't care if he decided to leave Ashley with us for a bit if he just needed space but I had to know he was okay; I'd be a mess if anything like this happened to Veronica.

I'd been walking for what seemed like miles and I came across a bar, it was fairly new and I hadn't been in since I was usually always on tour. Now was a good as time as any, I stepped into the bar and the smell of alcohol hit me strongly. I smiled and approached the bartender asking for anything she recommended and that's how I spent the next few hours; drowning myself with shots.

Veronica's POV

I tried to pull myself together as best I could; trying to stop the never ending tears from flowing but it took a lot of hard work to calm them down, I grabbed my phone and searched through my contacts until I came across the number I wanted; Nicholls.

I quickly pressed call and listened to the dialing sound it made a few rings later he picked up "Hello?" He asked  "Matt" I breathed out and my body shook with sobs. 

"Veronica? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He replied, I knew this was him being serious because he never calls me by my actual name. "N-no, it's Oli" I stammered

"Oh god, what's happened? Is he okay?!" He questioned slightly panicking

"I-I don't know, he's mad at m-me and he l-left and I d-don't know what t-to do..." I trailed off, I wasn't even sure if my sentences made sense, I was having a hard time understand what I was saying due to the crying and I was the one saying it.  "We're coming over, I'm bringing the guys" Nicholls said and hung up, I stared down at my phone expecting something to happen but it didn't, I wanted Oliver to call me so desperately and tell me that everything was okay and that he was sorry; but that wasn't going to happen...like he said I was in the wrong, I was the one who fucked up. 

There was a knock at the door and my head snapped up, I guessed it wasn't Oliver because he had his keys. I couldn't stand, I just sat there. A few seconds later four guys walked in and rushed over to me. They all took it turns hugging me and telling me that everything was gonna be okay, which I highly doubted. "Okay what happened?" Nicholls said 

"I-I can't say, you'll hate me too" I whimpered holding back the tears that threatened to escape.

"We won't promise" Vegan reassured and gave an encouraging smile

I nodded "A few weeks ago..."

By the time I had finished the conversation Nicholls stood up "I'm gonna go find him, he won't of gone far" he mumbled kissing my forehead before heading for the door Vegan and Lee agreed following him out of the house after doing the same which left me and Jordan.

-------------

Oliver had been gone for four hours and the dark night seemed to roll in, which made everything ten times harder. I was getting worried I mean no one had returned yet and they'd all left a while ago. Jordan was entertaining Ashley who wouldn't fall asleep I guess he felt the anxiety in the room. He tried to make me feel better by saying that Oliver was just angry and when he came home he wouldn't be. 

But oh my god he was wrong.

The door swung opened revealing a very intoxicated Oliver, he staggered into the living room where we were sat. "Ugh, what are you still doing here?" he spat, disgust coating his every word and I'd be lying if I said that didn't hurt me.

"I-I live here." I explained, using the sleeves of my hoody to wipe the remaining of my tears, I wasn't sure why I was bothering; I mean there was probably going to be more by the time this conversation had ended. Oliver let out a sarcastic laugh "Not anymore you don't"

"Oli mate, just slow down a bit yeah? Don't throw her out, you'll regret it in the morning." Jordan attempted to calm him down

he just scoffed and glared at me "Didn't take long for you to move on did it? and with one of my friends."

"What? Are you serious? They came here to look after me because they were concerned which is more than you ever were" I argued, I wasn't sure where my sudden burst of confidence came from but I was glad it did, sometimes there are just things that you need to say or they continue to eat away at you inside. "Are you happy he's gone? He's no where to be found and it's all because of you." Oli changed the conversation, another unpleasant one that I'd rather not talk about.

"Of course I'm not! I never meant for it to happen, I didn't ask him to leave." I shouted 

"You know what Veronica? I wish I had never met you, you've brought nothing but pain and misery into my life since we first met and I was stupid enough to take a chance with you."

My breath caught in my throat as his words began to sink in

"You're way out of line mate, there was no need for that, it was uncalled for." Jordan said shaking his head. But Oliver ignored him and continued to hurl abuse at me anyway, I threatened to break at every word

"I hate you" he screamed "I hate you!" 

"That's enough Oli" Jordan yelled which is something I've never witnessed and he dragged him off into the bedroom. My heart broke into a million pieces, the words he spat out of his mouth, they were sharp and to be perfectly honest; painful. Jordan stepped back into the living room a few minutes later handing me an overnight bag that he'd packed for me, he carried Ashley and his bag as he lead me to the door.

"Sorry, he's just drunk... he doesn't mean it" he tried to apologise for his behaviour but I knew he did, he meant every word. After all; drunken words are sober thoughts...

...right?