Chapter 45 ~ I'm choking on my words

Veronica's POV

My eyes flickered from Zara to a very guilty looking Oliver. 

"Tell me what?" I asked, breaking the silence. Everyone around me looked just as confused as I was apart from Lee, Jordan, Vegan and Nicholls. "I think you should go, Zara." Jordan hissed but she payed no attention. "No, I want to hear this. Is someone going to tell me what's going on?" I questioned. A devious smile crossed Zara's face again and she took a deep breath. "Oliver here has been cheating on you." she announced, everyone gasped and muttered their opinions. Those words hit me like a ton of bricks. Thoughts circled in my head and I felt myself getting light headed, I grabbed the table closest to me to steady myself. "What" I muttered, trying to take in what had just happened.

"Don't listen to her V, she's drunk." Oliver defended and he moved closer to me

"No!" I yelled, pushing him back "Don't come near me!"

"Please" Oli pleaded "She's lying."

"But she's not, is she?" I asked and the look on his face told me I was right "It all makes sense now, I knew there was something bothering you, I thought it was just the album or something but really you just couldn't think of an excuse so you could see her again!"

"That's not true, I promise. I wanted to tell you, I really did but there wasn't a right time, you were so happy and I didn't want to take that away from you, please V it was a mistake, I'm sorry" Oli said, tears running down his eyes, I was surprised that I wasn't crying but I just didn't have it in me. Anger filled my body and I was shaking. I turned around to crowd that had formed around us. "I'm sorry that this has ruined your night but can you all please leave? I have some stuff to sort out if you hadn't noticed..." I trailed off and everyone reluctantly shuffled out of the house. "Not you." I said, pulling Zara back into the room "You've got some explaining to do."

Everyone had left leaving Jordan, Lee, Nicholls, Vegan, Oliver and Zara alone. I sat down on the chair in the corner of the room watching them all. "So..." I began "Who was it?" The guys gave eachother unsure looks "No one you know." Oli replied

"Wrong." Zara chipped in, I stared at her, waiting for the answer. She started giggling and then pointed at herself. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but then realised what she meant, my heart dropped.

"Her?!" I screamed, not believing what I had just seen. 

"It didn't mean anything I-" he began but I cut him off

"How long?" I enquired and the room fell quiet once again, so I repeated my question "How long?" Oliver mumbled something but I couldn't make it out "Louder." I said, raising my voice.

"Six months." 

I scoffed, this was not happening "Get out." I replied, standing up. 

"Veronica, I don't think th-" Nicholls started but I cut him off

"You knew!" I shouted, pointing at the four boys "You knew but you all kept his secret, I thought we were close?..." 

"V, we're sorry we only just found out a few weeks ago on tour." Jordan replied, attempting to explain

"Part of the family you said...well if that's how I get treated I'd rather not be." That's all I could manage to say, I was choking on my words "Just get out, I can't stand to see any of you."

"Please don't leave me, please." Oliver cried, he fell to his knees right infront of me and fresh tears fell down his face. "Get up Oli." I spat, walking away from him. 

"Where the hell am I supposed to go?!" he screamed and I chuckled lightly

"You've got four band members there that would obviously do anything for you, given the situation we're in and you've also got some desperate homewrecker by your side so take your pick." I answered "Anyway, I'm going for a bath and by the time I come back down I expect you all to be gone, understand?" They all nodded slowly and I sloped up the stairs leaving them to sort themselves out. 

I entered the bathroom, closed the door and turned on the taps so the noise drowned out the sound of my cries. My heart ached and my entire body felt numb, tears fell uncontrollably from my eyes and I curled up into a ball. I remembered everything Oliver and I had been through from the moment he first turned up on my doorstep up until a few minutes ago. I remembered how happy I was and how amazing he made me feel but now it just seemed to be a waste of time. Our entire relationship just felt like a lie and suddenly everything we had been through I had questioned, I was so sure we were made for eachother; everyone said we were and I guessed I believed it, maybe I just wanted it to be true. My mind retured back to the fact that Oli had been cheating on me for six months with my bestfriend and sobs shook my body.

Out of nowhere a severe pain shot through my stomach and I jerked forward, clutching it tightly. A few seconds passed and it happened again, I screamed out in pain not that there was anyone to help. My head felt light and my eyes seemed to grow heavy, begging me to close them. My hand felt damp and I shakily moved it up to the light. I opened my eyes slightly and squinted through the gap, trying to focus my vision, my hand was covered in a red liquid and I couldn't understand where it was coming from. The sharp pain struck again and my body became lifeless. My eyes rolled back and I knew I couldn't keep them open anymore so I obeyed and closed them.

Everything turned quiet and I was enclosed into a comforting, dark paradise...