Chapter 40 ~ I'll fall in love, you'll fall in love

A/N sorry if this is like a really boring chapter, I just kinda wanted it to be cute for a change 

Veronica's POV

"That's great! How's Oliver took it?" Tony cheered and I could imagine the huge smile he'd have on his face right now "Uh, he doesn't know."
"What? Why haven't you told him?!"
"I'm scared Tone, I'm two months and my stomach is completely flat, what if there's something wrong? What if I let him down?" I panicked

"Woah, no one is letting anyone down and stop panicking, are you sure that you're pregnant V?" His voice etched with concern "I took ten tests, they all say the same thing which means there's something wrong." 

"Make a doctors appointment please? Just incase, you need to be safe and promise me you'll tell Oliver? You need him by your side." Tony persuaded and I sighed

"I promise."

"Good girl, I would get a flight but things are pretty hectic over here and I can't leave again..."

"I understand, you came back to look after me at warped so I can't expect you to do it now, I'm a big girl I can look after myself, thank you though."

"No worries, I gotta go, love you." He replied

"Love you too tone." I said and hung up.

I looked around the living room, I had an entire day to myself stuck in a house with nothing to do. I decided to make myself useful and clean as much as the house as possible before Ashley woke up and wanted some attention. I grabbed a quick shower, changed into old clothes and started with the kitchen. 

After about two hours someone knocked on the door which woke up the baby. Was it the reporters? I knew they were still out there and honestly I was scared to open the door; I mean what if they just ran in? The knocking continued gaining volume every time, Ashley's face crumpled and I knew he was about to cry and I couldn't afford to let whoever it was know that we were inside 

"Shh" I cooed "don't cry, baby." But he didn't listen and pretty soon the house erupted with screams "Veronica I know you're in there, it's Zara."

Relief washed over me and I put Ashley onto my hip before slowly opening the door. I was greeted by a cheerful looking Zara. Opening the door wider she stepped in, took Ashley out of my arms and followed me into the kitchen. Turning down my music I faced her "Sorry, Oliver's not here at the minute, he's at the studio but he'll be back at five or you could go there if you wanted, I could give you the address."

Zara laughed "I'm not here for Oliver, I came here to see how you were. I saw the news and well I figured Oli would have you on lockdown with cutie here so why not stop by?"

"There was seriously no need, but thanks. How did you even get in here? Like didn't you get mobbed by reporters or something?" I asked curiously and handed her a cup of tea which she took happily.

"I have my ways." Zara winked and we walked into the living room.

* * * *

We sat and talked for a couple of hours and I basically forgot...well gave up on cleaning...because let's face it; it's not really my forté

Zara and I became surprisingly close and I understood how Oliver and her got a long so well. She told me about some of the things they got up to and I wondered what it would of been like if I hadn't of left six years ago; maybe everything would be different, maybe we'd be friends.

"What time did you say Oli was coming back?" She asked while slipping on her leather jacket "I could stay until he comes home..."

"Around an hour ago but he's just rang to say he'll be a little bit late so no, I'd feel bad if I let you stay...you're probably going crazy spending the whole day trapped inside with a screaming baby and a mental woman." I laughed

"Not at all! Thanks for everything V, take care and I'll see you soon." She replied giving me a hug and placing a kiss on Ashley's forehead. I closed the door gently behind her and decided to watch some tv while waiting for him to come home. "When's uncle Oli coming home, huh" I mumbled to Ashley who was getting ready to fall asleep which wasn't a surprise; he usually did when he had just had a bottle. It did amaze me how much he slept though. 

Before I knew it the tiredness caught up with me and I drifted back into a slumber.

* * * * * * *

My eyes flickered open to the bright light coming from the tv screen which lit up the dark apartment, obviously it was night time and Oliver still wasn't back. Worry started to set in and I checked my phone; 12:05am

I walked upstairs and placed Ashley in his cot, he stirred a little but soon settled back down. I closed the door slightly and walked into the en suite bathroom

I yawned while brushing my teeth, I'm not even sure if that's possible.
Oliver called saying he was going to be late but not seven hours late. Ashley was asleep and I ran my hand over my stomach, I wasn't really showing which worried me considering I was two months, I'd have to ask or something when I got round to making the appointment that I promised Tony, I had completely forgot about it since Zara came round unexpectedly earlier.

I leant over the and spat out the remaining toothpaste in the sink, suddenly tattooed arms wrapped around my waist and I knew it was Oliver.

I remained expressionless as I leaned my head back onto his chest "Sorry." He murmured into my ear and I shivered "Mmm, why are you so late?" I asked looking at our reflections in the mirror.

"The guys wanted to go out for a drink, it kinda got out of hand. Sorry I should of called again."

"It's fine, I was getting worried though." I smiled and turned around placing my hand on his chest "You don't have a top on." I confirmed

Oli chuckled "Why? Wanna get some?"

"Nope, I do wanna go to bed though." I grinned

"Alright love." He answered pecking my lips and grabbing his toothbrush. Leaving him to it, I sauntered back into our bedroom and dived under the warm sheets; closing my eyes. A few minutes later the mattress dipped and I was pulled into him; my back fitting the shape of his chest perfectly. He buried his face into the back of neck and placed light kisses down it "I love you." He whispered and I smiled

"I love you too."