Chapter 59 ~ Lies and confessions

New Year's Eve

11:59pm

Veronica's POV

The whole club was counting down to the start of the new year. If I was honest this year had been really really shit and I was grateful to see the back of it although I was scared that 2013 would be even worse, if that was possible and I wouldn't make it out alive this time. Judging my how much I've had to drink already I doubt I would regain my memory until 2015 so all would be good.

10... Everyone chanted staring at the huge clock that hung on the wall.

9...

Where had everyone gone? I looked around but Oliver wasn't in sight or any of the guys either which was strange.

8...

7...

More drinks were being passed round and couples were making out in every corner of the room

6...

5...

My throat burned as I downed more drinks and my vision kept going out of focus

4...

3...

I couldn't remember his name was or how I knew him but a familiar man handed me a shot "Happy new year sweetheart." He winked, a smile crossed my face and we clinked our glasses together "Happy new year." I mumbled before he walked back off into the crowd.

2...

1...

Someone behind me grabbed on my wrist and turned me around. My eyes came connected to a really tattooed man. He wrapped his arms around my waist. "Happy new year!" Everyone shouted as they kissed and ordered more drinks. "Happy new year baby." I whispered kissing him firmly on the lips

"Happy new year, love." he replied and I couldn't help but feel the smile form on my face.

"Where did you go?" I whined

Oliver let go of me and showed me the two glasses he had in his hand. "To get drinks"

"You mean you left me for drinks?" I slurred and he stood still, debating his answer in his head before replying with a "yes"

"Good man" I replied taking a glass out of his hand and downing it. Oli just shook his head and laughed, downing his too.

We stayed for a couple more hours before we all decided to go home. The guys were completely wasted including Emma and Chloe. We stumbled down the streets of Sheffield, the street lights literally being our only source of light and majority of them were flickering.

"Veronica...can you hurry up." Oliver asked in between hiccups.

"No, my feet are killing me." I replied, pulling off my heels and walking down the wet streets bare footed. The rest of them decided to walk on, considering four of them didn't live with us and Vegan and Lee had their own keys to the house so they could get in without waiting for us. Oli decided it'd be a good idea to give me a piggyback even though he could barely walk straight himself and we just ended up being slower than if he just waited for me to catch up. Everyone was out of sight as we walked down our road, I yawned and snuggled into his back trying to keep warm. "Oli..." I mumbled, not even trying to keep my eyes open.

"Yes"

"What are we?" I asked suddenly raising my head, not wanting to miss the answer. "Erm... We're anything you want us to be, why?"

"I left, now I'm back and well we do everything a couple should do only we're not official."

"Do you want to be?" He asked, walking all over the place

"I'm not sure, I'll just fuck things up like last time... I love you though."

"I love you too." He confessed and I closed my eyes again, the smile never leaving my face.

---------

"What the fuck are you doing?" Oliver said, waking me up from my sleep. Surprisingly I was still on his back although my body ached and I made a mental note to ask how many times we'd fallen over in the morning, if he could remember himself.

I opened my eyes and looked at who ever he was talking to, he had his back to us and he was just staring at our front door like some poor attempt to break in. Oliver put me down, I stood by his side but a little bit behind him while I tugged my dress down that had managed to rise up.

The man however turned around and looked straight at me. My eyes went wide and my heart began to race. "You've got to be joking.." I mumbled under my breath so Oliver wouldn't hear.

"Veronica" the man said, although it came out more like a question than a statement.

"You know him?" Oliver asked, looking down at me, I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out, not that it mattered because Oliver spoke again. "Sorry but who are you?"

"I'm Ben?" He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world "I'm Veronica's boyfriend."

A/N sorry about the short chapter!