Chapter 51 ~ The dead are listening

Oliver's POV

It's been six days and Veronica wasn't really doing anything at all, I could tell the nurses tried to be optimistic around me and everyone else but I could tell they were just as worried as I was and no matter what anyone said to me I would not feel better until V opens her eyes. Alexandra is getting stronger everyday and she's the only thing that's keeping me sane at the moment, she's the only thing that gives me hope. Tony, Jaime and Mike hardly ever leave V's room and when they do it's to come to see Alexandra or to get food. We pretty much take it turns so none of them are left alone. Jordan, Vegan, Nicholls and Lee stopped by regularly too as well as my mum and dad, they even brought Ashley along sometimes to try and see if would somehow wake her up. Ashley didn't really understand but kids know these things don't they? They can sense when something's wrong and that's exactly what happened because as soon as we placed him by Veronica's side on the bed he began to cry before placing his tiny hand on her face and then falling asleep. Fans constantly tweeted their best wishes and how much they loved us and to stay strong but how anyone stay strong when everything is falling apart?

Jaime, Tony and Mike had gone to see the baby so it was my turn to spend some time with V, I hated walking into her room, it was quiet...too quiet. Wires filed out her body like she was some sort of electricity box and no matter how many times I entered the room and saw her lying there motionless it still somehow managed to break my heart every time. "Hey beautiful..." I mumbled as I sat down on the chair next to her bed, the beeping echoed around the large room "Baby please wake up, it's horrible without you here. There's so much I want to tell you but I wish I didn't because I'd rather you saw for yourself. Our daughter V...she's gorgeous, the nurses say she'll be able to come home soon so that means she's doing great and when you wake up you can see her..." 

I scanned her face for any sign of change but none seemed to be happening, tears filled my eyes. "I...I really miss you V, please stop sleeping and come back to me... I-I love you." I whispered and I couldn't take it anymore, the tears flowed freely and I cried onto her shoulder. Suddenly the heart monitor went crazy and I raised my head and watched her pulse rise with every second. "Veronica?" I questioned, panicking "Can we get help in here?!" Doctors and nurses swarmed into the room and I was taken outside to watch through the window, I wasn't sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing, maybe she was waking up but why didn't she just open her eyes like other people do? Surely this meant that something bad was happening. I buried my face in my hands and hoped all of this would go away soon.

Veronica's POV

My eyes fluttered open and burned as they got used to lights, several doctors were standing around me and writing things down on a clipboard. I tried to open my mouth to speak but none of the words came out, my throat was dry and it hurt to swallow. All of the doctors encouraged me to speak but I couldn't and decided to point to my throat instead, they knew why I couldn't respond and water was handed over to me. The cool liquid ran down my throat and I had never been so thankful for water in my entire life. "W-where am I?" I stuttered, trying to sit up in bed. A gasp erupted around the room as they propped my bed up so I could sit up. "Hello Veronica." A woman said, her voice was nice and soothing, I recognised her as the woman who spoke to me before. "I'm doctor James, you must be very confused right now, Oliver's waiting outside should I bring him in so we can talk about things?" she asked. Where was Vic? Where was Lana? Thoughts flooded my mind and I remembered everything that had happened, the lies, the cheating but how did I get into a hospital? "No." I said firmly "Tony, where is he? I need to see him." Doctor James looked confused but nodded her head and left with a few other doctors, I watched through the window as doctor James explained to Oliver that I didn't want to see him, I felt bad but he can't decide when he wants to care about me.

A few moments later doctor James walked back into the room followed by Tony, Mike and Jaime. I was pretty sure that the smiles on their faces could light up the whole of England, each one of them ran forward and embraced me into a tight hug as they told me how happy they were that I was back and more importantly alive. "Right Veronica, you've been in a coma for around a week due to emergency surgery." she started and the confusion only grew, Tony squeezed my hand comfortingly. "You were brought straight to the hospital after your fiance found you lying unconscious in your bathroom, there was a lot of blood and we weren't sure if you or your baby would survive. We diagnosed you with pre eclampsia, it's an extremely rare condition with pregnant women, you were very lucky to survive." I let the news sink in and the whole thing seemed surreal, I didn't want to believe it. 

"Oh" was all I could manage to say, how else do you respond to these types of things? 

"You have a little girl, she weighs six pounds, seven ounces. We can bring her in to see you if you want?" doctor James offered but I shook my head. "No." Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, I suppose I was. I mean who doesn't want to see their new born child? Tony, Mike and Jaime all gave each other a look and I knew they thought I was mental as well as confused. Doctor James also turned around slightly to face her colleagues who looked like they suspected something but I didn't care so I didn't ask. They left the room shortly after saying they would "be right back" and I was left with the guys. Mike opened his mouth but I cut him off before he could say a single word. "Shut up, I've got something to tell you guys." They all raised their eyebrows at the same time "Promise me that you won't think I'm crazy? Because I'm not, this definitely happened I swear." I rambled on, they all promised and I sighed. "While I was in the coma I saw Vic and Lana." Their faces changed to a variety of different emotions before smiling a little.

"He said he misses you and even though you can't see him, he can see you and he's been right by your side all along. He's always there and because of that you'll always be Pierce The Veil." Tears filled their eyes and they held them back, except for Mike, one tear dipped down his cheek but he soon wiped it away before plastering a smile back on his face. "Please don't be upset." I whispered "I didn't mean to." Mike shook his head and laughed a little bit 

"You didn't, it's just shock you know? and happiness, it's good news but I wasn't prepared for something like that, I miss him...so much." he replied and we all nodded our head, understandingly. The room fell into silence but it wasn't awkward, it was comfortable.

Oliver's POV

I couldn't really see what was going on, Tony held Veronica's hand while doctor James spoke about what had been happening to her over the past week or something. It hurt knowing that she didn't want me in there, it should be me holding her hand and trying to comfort her not Tony. I thought everything would go back to normal when she woke up, I mean we have our own little family but I messed up...again. "Oliver?" a voice questioned "Oliver? Hello?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to see a very worried looking doctor. "Oh, hey Alexandra...sorry, I was miles away. How is she?" I asked in hopes to get as much detail as possible. "She's uh...she's good, a bit confused but everything will be okay. Can I ask you something Oli?"

I frowned a little, why didn't she sound more certain? "Yeah, sure?"

"Is this her first pregnancy? You've brought a little boy in here a few times, is he yours?" She continued, the worried look never leaving her face "No, he's our nephew, why does it matter?

"Nothing to worry about, she doesn't want to see your baby but it's understandable after everything. She can go home tomorrow but keep a close eye on her, if it doesn't improve contact me on this number..." she trailed off as she wrote down a number and handed it over to me. "Is this something to be worried about?" I said warily, none of my questions were really being answered. 

"No...wellnot at the minute."

A/N I'm so sorry I haven't updated for ages, I've just not really been in the mood to write lately:( This should of been posted yesterday but it was my birthday so I didn't have time to do it because I was out and stuff!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER SYKES<3