I Need to See It - Gai x Reader

Requested By: Rvlrex

Prompt:

TW/CW: He's so... Gumby.. also also there a smut scene teehee also gore kinda? not really but description of a mortal wound and blood.

Gai x Reader

(not following the Naruto plotline)

WC:3666

Notes: I like Gai he's so funny. Also, thanks for all the requests :D

💀 guys i'm so sorry it took so long it was in my drafts for like 4 months so i didn't edit it too much more.

"So you'll be gone then?" I ask, walking with Gai back to his apartment. The Hokage had assigned him a mission he would be leaving for in the morning.

"Don't worry about me! I'll come say goodbye to you before I head out."

"Worry? Gai you are the last person I'd worry about," I poked at his arm muscles and giggled. Gai sighed before I kept talking. "I'm fine, Gai. I've been fine. I'll be fine. You don't worry about me."

Gai started up the wooden stairs and I followed. "You're in charge of my Genin while I'm gone."

"If you want me to, I will. What is it you want me to help them with? I'm sure they'll be training with or without you." Gai stared back at me without his usual happy or excited expression, instead just stopped and studied my face. "What's going on, Gai? You're acting unusually down and serious." He turned away and returned to walking upstairs to his apartment where I had offered to walk him after we had bumped into each other.

"It's nothing. I just want someone to watch, especially Lee, he's been working extra hard and he wants people to see but hasn't been receiving any missions because of his injuries and his orders to rest that he refuses to follow. He gets it from me, that drive to keep working even in so much pain but, even he needs his rest. Or validation that he's still keeping up." Gai stood at his door, contemplating letting me in to hang around for a while. His hand rested on the doorknob, but ultimately decided against it in favor of getting enough rest. "I need you to make sure he isn't too... hard with his training."

"Alright Gai. I'll watch over them for you." I placed a hand on his shoulder and tried to attempt to cheer him up with a smile. I wanted to see him back to normal, it was so odd to see him down like this. "I'll see you tomorrow morning! You'll stop by before you go and I will even make you some breakfast, alright?"

"Thank you, y/n!" His smile consumed him and he pulled me into a tight hug. The feeling of his body against mine isn't unfamiliar but I can't help but enjoy it every time. I squeezed him just as tight, to find him also holding me even tighter than before. It became a war between us, who could hug the tightest. I finally decided to let him go but it wasn't that simple, he loosened his grip but didn't let me out. One of his arms disappeared and opened the door before holding it back around me.

I could feel himself finally pull away. "I should go, Gai." I held his hands both in mine, feeling his leathery fingertips, so worn from the work he'd put into his training and missions. He nodded at my attempt to leave, thinking.

"And get some good night's sleep!" He added. "Goodnight, y/n!" He turned and went inside his apartment. I turned away from the door and made my way home, a few streets down.

Back home, I showered, cleaning the dirt and sweat of the day's training before climbing into my bed and drifting off. It takes no work to sleep and get a full sleep. By the time I woke up, it was still dark out but the birds were out and that meant I should be up. I told Gai I would make him breakfast before he left, and by the time he stopped by it would be done and we could eat before he left.