Stupid - Shikamaru x Reader

Requested By: @TwTdanielaTwT

Prompt: Shikamaru really wants you to himself, but you can't really tell, because your a bit oblivious to him trying to get with you. No one talks about it, but everyone else knows. (Also!! I pulled a little inspiration from the song 'Stupid' by Brendan Maclean! It's the video at the top!)

TW: *bonk* lots of typos & slight harassment.

Jealous Shikamaru x Oblivious reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline)

WC: 3088

—––

"Naruto, it's Hinata. She'll love pretty much anything you do for her," I sat opposite to him as we ate our dango.

"I'm just really nervous, ya know?"

"First dates are nerve-racking, I get that. But honestly? Hinata is basically in love with you. She passed out when all you did was ask her to go out for dinner tonight. Don't worry about messing up," I glanced to the door of the the restaurant, hearing the door squeak open. Shikamaru entered, and immediately looked at us. "Hey Shikamaru, over here!" I called, motioning him closer.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked in a half friendly tone, giving Naruto a hard stare.

"I'm just helping Naruto get over himself," I chuckled.

"Why don't you come sit with us?" Naruto offered the seat next to him, but Shikamaru sat next to me instead.

"What do you mean by "get over himself?" Shikamaru growled slightly.

"He's going on a date with Hinata later tonight!" I explained, giving Shikamaru some of my dango.

"Oh. Cool," his expression softened as he ate.

"Anyway, what are you up to later?" I asked, turning to Shikamaru. 

"W- Nothing. Why do you ask?" He placed his hands on his face, like he was hiding himself. 

"I'm throwing a party later at my house. Naruto was supposed to come, but he goofed and asked Hinata out for tonight. Wanna come?" 

He nodded, and agreed. "What time?"

"You can come over anytime after five,"

"Who's invited?"

"Anyone who wants to come really. I doubt a whole bunch of people will show up. It's more like a hangout, less of a party," she grinned. "Actually, I should probably go get ready now. I'll see you later. Bye!" I got up to leave, but Shikamaru grabbed my sleeve, and looked up at me. He stared up at me for a minute. "Yeah, Shika?" He opened his mouth to speak. 

"Nevermind, I'll see you later," He finally let me go, and on was on my way home. 

[Shikamaru's POV]

Everytime. Damnit Shikamaru, you idiot. "So, Shikamaru! Got any dating advice?" 

"No." I got up and left Naruto by himself without another word. 

If she wasn't so stupid. If she wasn't so damn stupid I could love her. My hands were stuffed in my pocket as I walked alone back to my apartment. It was no later than three p.m.

I slept until it was time to leave again. I could only hope this time, she would notice. As soon as I got there, I immediately regretted coming.

"Heyy Shikamaru!" Kiba greeted, reaching to give me a handshake.  I grunted and rolled my eyes, looking around for (y/n). But of course, she was busy with someone else. First talking to Ino. Why won't she talk to me instead?