Mourning Is Worse Than Love - Sasuke x reader

Requested By: dotbunny

Prompt: They're on a mission and the reader/his gf gets killed in front of him. This is Sasuke's long and generally painful mourning process, specifically over you.

This one is mega heavy. If you're not in a relatively okay mental state, do not read.

TW: Blood/Death/suicide/self harm. Don't read if you get triggered by any of these things.

Sasuke x reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline & Sasuke is a little out of character because you're not in his life anymore. Well... Not physically at least.)

[Y'ALL SHOULD LISTEN TO THE SONG WHEN IT GETS TO YOUR MOM'S POV]

WC: 4949

—––

"DAMN IT!" He screeched, rushing over to you. Blood was pouring out of the massive cut on your chest. "HE GOT AWAY!" he yelled again, causing your ears to ring.

"Sasuke," a small voice came you, trying to hold yourself together, knowing you were about to die anyway.

"HEY! NARUTO, GET SA-!"

"no... Don't," Sasuke looked back down at you.

"No, (y/n). I can't let you die. Not like this," he replied. "Not like the rest of my family, please don't leave me here,"

"I'm sorry babe. I don't have a choice. I've already lost too much blood, I'd say I have about... Five minutes until I'm gone,"

"Please... Don't..." He picked up your dying body, just to hold you again. You hissed in pain, but ignored it.

"Sasuke, I love you. Baby I love you so much, dont forget that, okay?"

"Don't say that. You're not going anywhere," you smiled of all things. "You're gonna be okay. You have to be alright,"

"Hey, listen. There's a box under my bed. You can have it. I wanted to give it to you for our fifth year. But you can open it now when you get back, it might be helpful,"

"O-okay. But give it too me when we get home, okay? You aren't dying here,"

"Yes I am. Sasuke, it's gonna be okay. Promise me you'll move on. Do it for me?"

"No, I- (y/n), I was gonna ask you to marry me when we got home, don't leave me here. I want to be with you,"

"I know. That ring wasn't for me anyway. Just move on. Don't let me stop you from being great. That's not what I want,"

"I love you. I love you, I love you, please please don't go..." He had begun crying over you. More blood came from the cut. You started coughing up blood too. It practically leaked out of every pore.

"I'm sorry, Sasuke. Please just... Hold my hand while I go. I know this is going to hurt you. But... Make it easier for me?" He grabbed your hand and squeezed. "Smile, baby. Don't let me see you sad. That's not what I want," he forced a small smile to your will. "Under my bed-"

"You already told me, I heard you," you reached your weak hand up to his face and wiped as many tears as you could.

"Don't cry for me," you plastered a painful smile on your lips as everything started to go black. "I love you, Sasuke," you let out one last dying breath before going limp.

"I love you more, (y/n), I love you so much. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, don't go, no, please don't go, please don't go," he cried, leaning in to kiss you, over and over as if by some magic, he could breath into your lungs for you, fill them with air instead of drowning blood. If he could get your heart to start pumping again. He kissed you so many times, hoping you would wake up and laugh it off as a sick prank. He continued to whisper, begging you to come back to him. The only one he wanted to care about. He screamed out your name, begging for your life, but knowing you were gone was too much for him.