Betrayal - Itachi x Reader

Requested By: Hitomi_Hishomi

It's not exactly what you requested, but I still like it.

Prompt: Village over clan

TW: minor mentions of blood

Itachi x reader

(Following the Naruto plotline)

FJEJHXIWBH DID YALL KNOW ITACHI WAS ONLY 13 WHEN HE MASSACRED HIS CLAN??? I I DIDN'T REALIZE HE WAS THAT YOUNG!

WC: 1200

(Kinda short, sorry)

—––

"Itachi!" I called, seeing my absolute favorite person pass by my house. He looked up at me with a slight smile, but at the same time, there was something else.

"(Y/n)," he met my gaze, calmly greeting me. I left my house to greet him, and give him a hug, just because. I didn't need a reason. "What's up?"

I shrugged. "Nothing, you just looked a little distracted. Is there something on your mind?"

"Yes, but this time, it doesn't concern you," he huffed.

"Hey, you know what? Let's go get some dango. That always seems to cheer you up," I smiled, pulling his hand along. He retaliated, staying put. "what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just not in the mood today. Thanks anyway," he shook his head, and began to walk away. I frowned, but let him be. I went back inside my house to meet my parents, whispering about something.

"Good morning, mom, dad," I made my way to the kitchen to cook some eggs for breakfast. My mind stayed on Itachi. He seemed so off today, I hope he's alright. I know he's got lots of responsibilities.

Even though we're both Uchihas, we aren't related at all. Our parents weren't related, or our grandparents. He's less like a brother to me, more like... I'm not even sure what to call it.

I went throughout my day as usual. I did all my regular chores, hung out with some friends, made dinner, and now it was nightfall, and I was tired. I changed into my pajamas, and went right to bed.

I was having a nightmare. Everyone was gone, and I was alone. It only lasted so long though, as I woke to the sound of my window opening. There was someone perched on the window seal. Not someone. Itachi. Dressed in an Anbu uniform, without a mask.

"Itachi," I smiled, figuring he was here to talk. But he had the most threatening look in his eyes. His sharingan wasn't activated, but it could be. "I-itachi?" I repeated. He still said nothing, just began to approach me, slightly drawing his sword. "What are you doing?"

"Shut up," he hushed me. "I'll put this bluntly, I'm about to kill you, and then the entire clan," he hissed like nothing I had ever heard.

"Y- you wouldn't-" I had tears in the corners of my eyes, I didn't believe it. "You wouldn't ever hurt-"

"I have to." He cut me off, brining his sword to my neck. I whimpered for a moment, begging him not to.

"Itachi, I love you. So much, I have forever, please don't do this, you don't have to. Please, please, I'm so sorry for whatever I did to you. Please spare me, I'll do anything, I love you, please, you're everything to me," I could feel the sword coldly pressed to my skin, his face so close to mine. "Itachi, I'll do anything. I'll help you if you'll just spare me," there was something in his eyes. They over all looked plain and flat, but deep down, he was terrified. He didn't want this. "I love you-"

"I hate you," he spoke finally. "You are nothing to me. Never were. This clan will bring nothing but destruction to the village. This is my job. I couldn't spare you even if I wanted to. But I don't. I don't want to spare you,"

"You don't mean that-"

[Itachi's POV]

"Why wouldn't I mean that? I see no reason to lie. You're useless. An Uchiha who didn't even go to the academy, and can't activate their sharingan, it's sad. And you thought I could love you? Disgusting. You're a nuisance, and a bug. Loud, annoying, and as far as I care, you're... Ugly," I lied. She's not the first. It was her parents before her so they wouldn't walk in to see this.

She looked away from me, holding back tears. I hurt her for the first time, and that hurt me. Nothing I said was true. She shook off her sadness and finally looked back up at me.

"I'll always choose the village over the clan," I dismissed my feelings once again.

"Okay Itachi. Before you do this, please I'm asking for a favor," her eyes were blank, a small smile on her lips.

"What is it?" I should do it. I'm stalling.

"It's silly, I know,"

"Hurry up,"

"I don't want to die before I have my first kiss," damnit. Why did she have to say that? The only thing separating us was the space I kept between us, and the sword I held at her throat. She chuckled sadly and closed her eyes, thinking I wouldn't. But I did. I pressed my lips to hers for a few seconds, fulfilling her request. We both opened our eyes. "I knew you cared," she whispered, before falling unconscious from my sharingan.

And like that, it was the end for her. I stabbed her straight through the throat, narrowly missing the necklace I gave her back before any of this needed to be done, ending her life. I kneeled down by her side, and picked her up to hold her close to my heart.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered, knowing she couldn't hear me. "None of it was true. I loved you so much. Thank you for everything," her blood was on my hands now, I wish I could have been cleaner. Tears dripped from my eyes to her face. "I'm so sorry," I whimpered again. "I'm so sorry," I smiled slightly, and kissed her forehead. "You were good to me."

I left her room out through the window, leaving her lifeless body, minus one thing. There's a small charm on my neck, being held there on a thin sliver chain. I continued on with the massacre, destroying everyone, besides Sasuke. I left everything to him, every hope that the clan would be reborn into something better than this.

The "talented" Itachi was more than a traitor to the village. An instant s-ranked criminal to all but a few. I left the village with sorrow in my heart, and a guilt I couldn't ever lose. I killed so many.

I was supposed to go straight to the Akatsuki, orders from the Hokage, but I couldn't. Not yet. A few hours after leaving, I found a tree to perch on for a while. I leaned back on the trunk, and decided, now, where no one could see me, I would wait. I would cry, sob, all the things I loathe.

I wanted so badly to spare her. If she could have come with me, I would be in her arms, talking to her about how it hurt.

"I'm so sorry," I held myself in a tight ball, an endless supply of tears flowing from my eyes. "I'm so so sorry," I cried to the sky. "Forgive me," I couldn't even breathe, the weight of losing, and taking so much crushing my lungs. "I'm so sorry."