He is No Man - Kakashi x Pregnant!Reader

Requested By: n/a

Prompt: "I'm still scared."

TW: None

Kakashi x Pregnant!reader

(Sort of following the Naruto plotline)

WC: 3597

[unedited]

I know that I just published a Kakashi one shot, but I just,,, I love him,. Have fun with this I guess.

Kakashi said to wear you mask when go out, and continue to practice social distancing, just to keep everyone safe.

—––

The idea wasn't a new one. I couldn't think of an explanation to my sickness and the way I had been feeling. My best option is Kurenai, she would know more about this than I would. She's been pregnant for a few months, and though she's still mourning Asuma's death, she's doing well.

It was only now becoming dark, the sun had set a little while ago, and I was making my way to her apartment, hoping she would be able to help. Maybe she would know better. Maybe she could calm me down from the slight panic.

She was quick to open her door and invite me in for some tea.

"You're pregnant?" she asked. I hadn't even said anything about it yet.

"I think so. How did you know?"

"There's a look to it. Only pregnant women can see it though. I wouldn't expect anyone else to notice. Now, what's up?"

"That's just it, Kurenai. I don't know if... I haven't taken any sort of test yet. I'm afraid I am."

"Well," she paused to take a sip of her tea and think. "Who's the father, if you are?"

"Uhh... It was one time, but...
Kakashi." Kurenai went silent. She knew just as well as I, that Kakashi had no idea. "My pills stopped working, I guess. I've been taking them consistently for years, and this has never happened. What... what am I supposed to do?"

"Before anything else, take the test. Then... You have to tell Kakashi. I'll go with you to get the test, and we can come back here, and you'll find out. How's that?"

"You stay here. I'll be back in just a few minutes."

"Alright, just stay safe."

"I will. I'll be right back," I used the flicker technique to make it to the door of the 24 hour convince store.

shit. Kakashi is here.

I avoided him noticing me by concealing my chakra as I made my way to that specific isle. I quickly grabbed the box, and went to pay.

Unfortunately, I went a little too quick, and got in line before Kakashi. I hid the box from his view at the sound of his voice.

"Hello, (y/n)," he greeted me like nothing even happened between us.

"Kakashi," I replied with a fake smile.

"I... I heard you were feeling under the weather. What are you doing here?"

I considered telling him right then, but resisted. What if this is a fluke? Maybe I've been sick for some other reason.

"That doesn't really matter, now does it?"

"It absolutely does! I was actually about to bring you some salty snacks and see what else you might need," he explained, holding up his basket.

"That's very sweet of you, Kakashi. But I think I'm alright. Don't waste your money on me, we don't get paid enough for that," I chuckled, realizing it was now my turn to pay. The cashier waved me along. "Y-you should go put everything you got for me away. Like, now," I urged, and pushed him away. He left the line, to my relief.