The Time He Saved Me - Iruka x reader

Requested By: dotbunny

Prompt: He confesses his feelings and saves her from an abusive shinobi boyfriend after seeing bruises on her body

TW: Abuse

Iruka x female!reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline)

WC: 5391

AHHH GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING~ I JUST KINDA FORGOTTTTT

[Edited]

-----

"Morning Iruka," I sipped my morning coffee, sitting at his desk. "Five more minutes and you would be late," I took my feet off the desk.

"(Y/n), for a student-teacher, you sure are taking over my job," he joked. "Plus I was grabbing something from a store. You would have been fine on your own. Most of them are half asleep anyway," I moved from his seat and moved out of the way. He went to place his hand on my shoulder, but I flinched out of the way of his touch.

"Sorry-"

"You okay?"

"Yeah... I'm just fine, it was just a rough morning," I took my seat at the other end of his desk and began grading some tests. My best friend, Iruka, had taken me as an assistant teacher, after an accident doing a field mission that left me with a broken ankle that wouldn't ever heal properly. That was the end of my working ninja days. So, being a teacher was my next best choice.

Iruka began lecturing the children about kunai throwing. It made me giggle because real ninja didn't really have to think about throwing, it was an automatic response.

I finished grading the test by the time he was done talking and handed them back to him.

"I brought you a snack, you haven't been eating,"

"Heh, yeah," I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck. "Eichi said I could stand to lose a few pounds," I laughed, sitting on his desk. I'm honestly just glad he's on a mission and have something to do during the day.

"I still don't like him. He seems like bad news,"

"Iruka, you hate everyone I date. It's been like, a year. Everything is fine," I lied.

"Whatever. I just- are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" He shrugged.

"OHHH IRUKA SENSEI AND (Y/N) SENSEI ARE DATING!!" Ino yelled. Iruka and I just laughed it off.

"We're just friends, Ino," you corrected. I held out my fist, and Iruka lightly tapped it with his.

"Whatever! He would talk about you sometimes before you actually came around!" Iruka blushed when I looked at him. I chuckled.

"I DID NOT!" He yelled back.

"Iruka, you shouldn't yell at your students," the bell rang, letting all the kids run out.

"Class dismissed," he said softer. "Anyway, wanna grab lunch?"

"I guess if Eichi isn't home it's fine," Iruka glared at me. "Where are we going?"

"Ehh probably Ichiraku," he stood up and began walking to the door, holding it open for me.

"Y-you first," I gesture out the door, watching him walk out.