Hidden In The Sand - Garra x reader

Requested By: somebody I know irl

Prompt: (the song ~ hidden in the sand- by tally hall)

TW: none

Garra x female!reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline)

WC: 1544
-

Garra's eyes remained open at the thought of her.

We were playing in the sand.

He wanted her. She wanted him, it was that simple. But being the kazakage had it's downsides. Marrying a civilian outsider wasn't the smartest idea.

And you found a little band

But that moment he met her in Konaha, his world changed. He was sent to help destroy the village, but the way she looked at him. With kindness and compassion, soothed his murderous desires, even the Shukaku, the true monster, had to admit that he wouldn't ever hurt her.

You told me you fell in love with it

From the Chunin exams, he had often enough visited her. The idea of her that brought him peace, also brought anger and sadness, because he knew he couldn't be with her. Not in the way he wanted.

Hadn't gone as I planned

He hummed to himself, the tune she had taught to him after the first time he visited. He struggled with it though. As often as he repeated the words to himself, he couldn't understand the meaning behind them. He was never sure enough.

When you had to bid adieu,

"I should visit her," he murmured, standing from his bed. The sun had only just set, but that didn't matter. A knock came at the door to an empty room, besides himself. "Who is it?" He grumbled, attaching the belt that held his gord of sand that had shrunk over time, feeling less of a need to protect himself.

Said you'd never love anew.

"You have a visitor, Lord Garra," Temari spoke,

"To my bedroom?" He questioned, hardly believing it was of any importance at this hour.

"Yes, they're safe, shall I let them in?"

"I suppose so,"

The door creaked open.

You told me to buy a pony

(Y/n) stepped in. Garra's eyes widened at the sight of the sweet girl. The door closed behind her as she stepped forward to Garra.

"Hehe, I know I shouldn't be here, but I missed you," she giggled, warming Garra's heart and face. Knowing nothing bad would happen, she crept her arms around Garra. He was still in shock, his mouth gaped open, tears slowly forming.

But

"Garra? Are you alright?" She asked, half expecting to be forced away. Rather the opposite, he finally realized what was happening, and wrapped his arms around her in sweet relief that she was here. "You look tired. I hope I didn't come at a bad time,"

"I- I was about to come visit you," he leaned his head on her shoulder, her hug was soft and warm. She was something he needed. "I've been really busy lately," he hummed, pressing his nose to her shoulder. "But I really couldn't stand being away from you, more than anything, I want to-"

"I know Garra. I'm sorry, I should have gone through the Ninja Academy when I had the chance," Gaara held her tighter.

"I want to protect you. You were the first person I ever wanted to protect. I wish you lived in my village, then we wouldn't be so... Far-fetched," she pulled herself from Garra's grasp, and wiped the tears away. "I want more than anything... To... Be with you? I don't know how else to explain it," he looked down in confusion, trying so hard to be honest about how he felt.