Something You Didn't Know - Kisame x Reader

Requested By: princess-jinderella

(Thank you for waiting!)

Prompt: You're too beautiful to love me.

TW: none

Kisame x reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline & the characters are kinda on crack.)

WC: 1940

[Unedited]
—––

I sat on the ground, absolutely exhausted after the mission I just completed, or rather the bounty I collected.

I watched as Kisame entered the hideout, and sit at the table closest to the door. My face immediately going red, the thought of him in general left me in awe. The power, and chakra he held was absolutely amazing to me.

"Quit drooling, (y/n)," Deidra scoffed.

"Tobi thinks it's cute that she gets bashful when it comes to Kisame!" Tobi added. I immediately stood up, fixing my Akatsuki kimono. It was, at one point a cloak, but I didn't like it, so I made it into a short cut kimono, going above my knees. I still wore shorts under it, so I might not flash people when I was... Killing them. I loved the way it fit, it hugged my curves, and was loose in the right places. Deidra liked to say that it made me look about twice as curvy as I was.

"Would you shut up about that? Maybe I do like him, but it doesn't matter," I glanced back at Kisame, who was too far to hear anything. "We're busy... And I know for a fact that he doesn't feel the same," I grumbled, and while looking at him, met his eyes. For a second, I could have sworn his cheeks turned a darker shade of blue. He looked back to Itachi, who was almost silent.

"I'm not so sure about that."

"No, no, I'm really sure," I replied. He's looking for the tailed beast... But me? I'm just gathering money. I'm not anything special, he's just... Too good for me. I wish I was cooler," I huffed.

"Tobi thinks you're amazing!" Tobi put his arms around my shoulders in a hug, trying to make me feel better. I could feel the stare of someone burning into the back of my head. Hoping it was Kisame, I turned, and just to my luck, it was. I kept eye contact, and hugged Tobi back.

I even kissed the top of his mask to see his reaction. Tobi giggled, but Kisame slammed his fists on the table, got up and left.

"Okay Tobi, go back to your boyfriend," I patted Tobi's head, and he went back to Deidra to whisper in his ear.

"How did she know?"

"It's not that hard to see Tobi," I laughed. "I'm going upstairs to take a nap."

No one stopped me, so I went upstairs and laid on my back, just thinking.

[Watch this-- I'm going to throw in a headcannon]

The Akatsuki hideout: a place to be. It's different from where we extracted the Tailed Beasts, however, it is still carved into a cave. But to me, it felt like home. When you enter, there's a large table to the left, and a huge kitchen to the right. It's almost built like a restaurant.

Deeper in, there is a lounge area, where two long couches with recliners surrounded a coffee table that doubled as a cooler, holding drinks and snacks.

On both sides of the large lounge area, two staircases leading up to hallways, making space for five rooms in each hallway, one for each member, although, it was only rarely when we were all here together at the same time.

Currently, it was me, (the only exception to the buddy rule), Tobi and Deidra, and Itachi and Kisame. Though, I liked to think of myself as part of Tobi and Deidra's partnership, but unfortunately that would make me a third wheel in more ways than one.