See You When I Get There - Tobi/Obito x reader

Requested By: anonymous

Prompt: "I'm glad that you trust me,"

"You make it so easy to trust you,"

TW: uhhh it gets sad at the end but idk if you'll cry.

Tobi/Obito x reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline&I'm not sure if I wrote Obito v well)

WC: 4045

---

My hands were shaking a bit. I should just tell him. I looked over at Deidara, who just annoyingly scoffed. Then back to Tobi, who was sitting at the edge of the water of a slow moving river. I shook my head, and left the scene, disappointed in myself. I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell Tobi how much I care, even to the point of loving him. His optimistic personality always made me smile, and he was just so nice to me. It makes it impossible for me to do anything but adore him.

"This crush thing you've got on my partner is making you weak, (y/n)," Deidara followed me away.

"You said that like I don't know. I'm completely aware, but no matter how hard I try..."

"You can't tell him. But why not? It's getting annoying that you're around us all the time. You have an actual partner,"

"Deidara! Switch me partners!" I begged. I was only part time partners with Itachi, occasionally going as a trio with Kisame.

"No! Tobi is practically indestructible! I can use my jutsu around him without having to be concerned as of where he is, got it!?"

"Yeah whatever. Even for today since you don't have a mission?"

Deidara stayed quiet for a moment while he thought. He looked at him, then to the ground. He furrowed his brows before looking up at me.

"Fine. Only for today, and if you can't do it in 24 hours, you have to leave us alone, okay?"

I flung myself onto the blonde in a hug, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed at my cousin.

"Get off me!" He yelled back. I smiled and ran down to the river bank, but the closer I got to him, the more I slowed down.

"Oh! (Y/n)!" Tobi called. He turned to look back at me and I immediately blushed harder than I should have.

"H-hi Tobi!" I glanced back at Deidara, who didn't smile, but put a thumbs up before walking away. "Umm... Deidara wasn't feeling well and asked if I would step in for him today,"

"Oh! I hope he feels better soon!" Does that mean he doesn't want to be around me??? "But at least I get to spend time with you, (y/n)!"

"O-oh- well... I'm excited to be your temporary partner!" I took a deep breath. Tobi came closer to me and grabbed my hand and yanked me to the river. He sat down and I followed him, curious to see what he was doing.

"We aren't doing anything today, but Tobi wanted to be by the river on a hot day like today!" He started to unwrap the heavy Akatsuki cloak from around him. "Deidara never wants to swim with Tobi, even in weather like this!" I chuckled at him slightly. Seeing as it wasn't our job to swim, I could understand Deidara. "(Y/n)! Come swim with me!" Somehow I hadn't noticed that he was stripping out of all his extra clothes, revealing a skin tight body suit that showed off everything. My face turned beet red.

"A- are you sure?"

"Of course! Nothing to hide here!" Are you sure about that? What about your mask? I started taking off my cloak, unsure of if I was actually going to get in the water. I threw it to the side so it couldn't get wet.