Sick Snuggles - Kakashi x Reader

Requested By: n/a

Prompt: snuggles makes everything better

TW: none

Kakashi x reader

Synopsis / spoilers

You were sick, but not anymore. Snuggling with your boyfriend, Kakashi makes everything better. Even better, Kakashi wants to marry you.

(Not following the Naruto plotline)

WC: 1112 (a real short one)

-----

"Kashi..." You groaned, barely able to breathe. Your boyfriend hugged you, not something that he did often, but he was trying to comfort you.

"I'm taking you to the doctor's," he whispered, running his fingers through your hair. You sniffled, trying to fill your lungs with fresh air.

"I don't want to..." You protested, barely able to stay awake. "Can we go tomorrow?"

"Why should we wait? You're obviously sick," he placed his hand on your forehead. "(Y/n), you're burning up,"

"I don't care, you can make it better," Kakashi just held you tighter, his strong hands running up and down your back.

"How do you want me to do that?"

"Hnnn- you could spend the night and not let me go?" You suggested, really wanting snuggles because somehow that would make everything better.

"How would that help? Wouldn't that just make me sick?"

"Please?" You begged, just having him around made you feel better anyway. Kakashi sighed, giving in, not wanting to let your sick self down.

"Fine. You're lucky I can have Shikamaru cover for me for the rest of the night,"

With your body aching, you managed to speak again, "thank you, babe,"

"I'll be in in a few minutes, get to bed," he finally let you go, and as you turned to go to bed,

*Smack!*

"KASHI!!" you exclaimed, trying so hard not to laugh. He had smacked your ass, and even if it wasn't hard, it still startling.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself, your butt is just so cute," he defended cooley, you could see the smirk through his mask. "You can't fool me, I know you like it," he joked.

"I don't hate it," you looked away, and blush covered your face. You actually walked into your bedroom. You stayed in your bulky warm pajamas. Being utterly exhausted, you curled up under the blankets, and waited for Kakashi to join you. In the few minutes, you were separated from him, your eyes closed, and you found yourself at the edge of sleep.

The weight of the bed shifted as Kakashi joined you under the covers. You found your face parted inches from his. His mask covering his nose was still on, and his silver hair had flipped over his left eye.

"Lemme see your face," you pleaded, tugging at his mask. He let you slip the material off his face. "Kashi, you're so pretty," you hummed. He quickly pecked your lips with his.

"You've got it backward," he wrapped his arms around you. "You're way more gorgeous than I am,"

"That doesn't make you not pretty," you giggled, sweeping the hair from his face resting your hand on his cheek, your thumb stroking his scar. He leaned into your touch, placing his hand over yours, still on his face. He turned his head slightly towards your hand, kissing your palm. A slight smile grazed your lips. "Kashi..."

"Yes?"

"I love you." You whispered, closing your eyes and finding breath. Kakashi held you closer, deciding not to care about getting sick. Your limbs tangled together, his head over your shoulder, making you cradle him. Your eyes watered as he finally muttered the words back.

"I love you too, (y/n). I've decided I want to get sick so I don't have to go back to work," he snuggled further into you, keeping your cold feeling body warm. You giggled,

"You are gonna have to go back to work,"

"Eventually. But for now, I'll be sick with you,"

"You big softie. You're the best," your fingers found their way to his hair.

"I know. Now get some rest," his whole body was wrapped around yours. Sure being sick may suck for you, but having Kakashi around was nice, now that he was so busy having him around was a rare occurrence.

You always wondered why such an amazing man would choose to be around you, especially when it's so dangerous. Being just a civilian, you couldn't imagine what losing him would be like.

Sleep consumed you in the dark room, but even though your light sleep, you could still hear Kakashi's light comforting snores. When you woke up the next day, you already felt so much better than the night before.

Your favorite sound filled the room: Kakashi's morning voice. "Good morning beautiful," a deep tired sound that you loved. "How are you feeling?" You tucked yourself into his arms.

"Much better, thanks Kashi," you whispered.

"I didn't do anything,"

"You stayed with me, and that's enough,"

"You know what I'm excited about?"

"What?"

"The day that that knucklehead Naruto takes over as Hokage. The moment I get a chance after I don't have to do this anymore, I want to marry you. We can move to a bigger house with a big backyard, we'll have three kids, two boys, and our youngest can be a girl. I'm so tired of not being around you. How does that sound?" Your mind went blank. You definitely didn't expect Kakashi to monologue this morning.

"Okay. Let's do it," was all you could say.

"I don't want to get too old before we start a family. The only person I want to do that is you. You're my everything,"

"Kashi... You don't have to convince me. I already want everything you wand. All we can do now is wait if you want to wait until after you retire," you agreed. You could feel his heart race faster.

"Marry me," he said seriously. "I don't want to wait, I just don't want to stress you out while I'm gone,"

"I-"

"Marry me. Please,"

"Yes,"

"Thank you so much. I just need you in my life,"

"Then I won't leave you. Not ever,"

...

Kakashi stepped through the front door to see you drinking a mug of hot chocolate. He plopped himself on the seat next to yours and laid his head in your lap. His wedding band caught your attention as he handed you a piece of paper.

"Take a look," you read the paper closely.

"You mean... We can finally?"

"Yes," you slipped the mask off his face to see his soft smile. Your lips met his, now that Kakashi would be retiring, your shared dream of having a family was finally easy to see in the future.

"I'm so excited," you muttered as he sat up, pulling him onto his lap.

"Me too," he agreed. "We're going to have kids, and a house, and-"

"Everything else," your arms held him around his neck.

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"