Premature - Iruka x Pregnant!Reader

Requested By: Anonymous

Prompt: You give birth to a premature baby with your husband, Iruka.

TW: Premature birth & losing a child.

Iruka x pregnant!reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline & modern)

WC: 3383

—––
I slumped into my apartment, pulling my phone from my pocket. After a minute of mindless tapping, I pressed the screen to my ear.

"What's up?" Iruka asked from the other line.

"Are you busy?" I asked, sitting on the couch.

"Nope. What can I do for you hon?"

"I'm kinda having a bad day. Can I come over?"

"Do you want me to pick you up?"

"No, I can just walk. I'll see you in a few minutes," my body ached, head hurt, I needed some company. I want to be with him tonight.

"Okay. I love you, see you in a few minutes," I hung up, and threw a coat with a hood on, and left for the five minute walk.

I arrived, no where near soon enough, and knocked on his door. He quickly opened up and looked down at me, and my sad slouched posture. I let myself in, and hugged him, as tight as I could.

"Are you okay?"

"Not really," I mumbled into him, his hands sliding down my sides to my thighs to pull me up and wrap my legs around him. "I feel oddly... Empty. You always make that feeling go away," I sniffled, burying my face in his neck. "I love you,"

"I love you too," he had a slight smile in his voice, bringing some comfort. He turned, keeping me safely in his arms, and closed the door. "what happened today?" He asked quietly, bringing me to his room.

"Nothing, I've just been feeling off all day. Like something changed, and I don't know what," I huffed, letting him bring me under the covers with him. "It was all so sudden, too,"

"Maybe something did change?" He suggested, wrapping his arms around my waist, his head tucked into my stomach.

"Like?" I ran my fingers through his hair mindlessly, closing my eyes.

"I... Don't really want to bring this up, but wasn't your period supposed to be last week?"

"How would you know?"

"It's marked on my calendar, I just figured you were going to start late because you hadn't mentioned anything," he spoke, tracing small circles on my back where his hands stayed.

"Well, actually, I hadn't thought much about it," I hummed, he held me tighter, and kissed my belly.

"Hey, I wanna know something?" He started.

"Yeah?"

"If I asked you to marry me, would you say yes?"

"Absolutely. Ruka, you're the love of my life. I would happily marry you,"

"You would? Then let's get married,"

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Then let's do it. But why so sudden?"

"It's not. I have a ring in my nightstand drawer, I've been thinking for a few weeks. Something said now would be a good time to ask," he snuggled closer to me. "I love you so much," he whispered, and looked at my face with a smile.