= 18 = Volcano

Author's POV

"So you mean to say that Jeon Jungkook, who is a Korean businessman, came to Eemnes to kill your mother?" the policeman asked Aziel, and she nodded her head in approval.

"Yes, he shot her in the head and on her chest," she said, and the policeman kept staring at her in amazement. "He...he...he even injured me. You see this?" (showing her wounded palm) "He cut my flesh as a promise to keep my mouth shut," she said, and the policeman looked at her wounded hand.

That's when his phone rang in his pants pocket. He fished out his phone and looked at the ID. It was his colleague. Giving a last glance to Aziel, he walked to the corner of the police station.

"Yes, any information?" he asked as soon as he received the call.

"She is lying. Her mother wasn't killed. She died due to her uncured disease, AIDS. She was hospitalized, and that girl was the one who admitted her to the hospital. The hospital authority is saying that there is no evidence of her getting shot," his colleague said. "The hospital department was the one to bury her mother as her body was already infectious. They didn't let that girl go to her mother because of her safety," the policeman heard and looked behind him to take a glance at Aziel, who was looking down.

"She has a wound on her hand," he said.

"Maybe she got that from someone else and is blaming Jeon Jungkook. Do you really believe that Jeon Jungkook, the grandson of Netherlands' late prime minister and a powerful, busy businessman, would come to Eemnes to kill her already dying mother? Bullshit. I even went through his profile and found out that for the last 2 weeks, he has been staying in Korea. We can find so many articles about him in the newspaper," the policeman bit his lower lip and stayed silent.

"Just send her home back by saying we will look into this matter," his colleague advised him and disconnected their phone call. Keeping his phone in his pants pocket, the policeman walked to the sitting figure of Aziel, who was nervous and scared as hell. She had informed the police about the murder, so what would happen now? As soon as the policeman stood next to her, she looked at him with hope.

"What happened, officer?" she asked, and the policeman cleared his throat.

"We have filed your case, and soon we'll start our investigation," the policeman said, and she relaxed a bit, thinking that now Jeon Jungkook would be behind bars.

"When?" she asked, and the policeman looked around her, gesturing for her to do the same. She did and found out that there were so many people inquiring about the matter.

"Soon. Every officer is busy right now, but don't worry, I myself will investigate this case as soon as I finish all these other cases," he said and placed his hand on the stack of files.

Her heart started beating loudly in her ribcage. They would take time, and what if in this time Jeon Jungkook comes to kill her?

"He will kill me, officer. He threatened me to not tell anyone about this murder," tears of fear streamed down her eyes.

"He can't. We will protect you," the policeman said.

Jeon Jungkook's POV

In 1994, my mother, who was the firstborn of a great politician and the late Prime Minister of the Netherlands, won the beauty pageant of the Netherlands. She was the only child of the Meyer family. And my Appa, he studied at King's University of London where they both met in 1995. My mother was there for a vacation, and he was enjoying his semester break. They met, fell in love, and faced so many cultural and political obstacles to be together. During their love war, I was born in 1997. My Appa's dad was a politician and businessman, but even he was unable to help his son. Then my mother left everything and came to Korea to spend her life with her husband and her newborn son. They got married in 2003 when I was 6 years old. I still remember attending my parents' wedding.

They both worked hard and built an empire named Jeon Empire, and that was all for ME. However, my maternal grandfather still hadn't fully accepted my parents. My Appa had so many dreams for me, and my mom did too. When my mom was pregnant with my sibling, she faced some health issues which led to her miscarriage, and then she lost her ability to get pregnant. So now, I was the only hope and heir.

In 2009, my grandfather finally accepted my parents, and my mom decided to visit her motherland. My dad had some important work, so he joined us after a few days. When we reached the Netherlands, my grandfather welcomed my mother with a warm heart. I still remember how my mother cried in her father's arms. My grandfather hesitated to hug me, but when he did, he showered me with so many kisses.

There, I found out that my mother was the ONLY child of Mr. Meyer, and I was the ONLY grandson of the Meyer family, including the Jeon family.

Though my childhood was ruined, I was determined that my adulthood would not be as tragic, but I still wrote my novel with the ink of my blood.

Just imagine how many hopes these families had for me. My mother, who was the Beauty Queen of the Netherlands, took her life because of me. She was the most beautiful woman in the world, and when she died, she looked so gloomy. She used to laugh a lot, but because of my drug addiction, she became depressed. She never liked blood, but when she died, she was bleeding from her nose.

My maternal grandma couldn't handle the loss and died due to a heart attack the same day she got to know about me. My grandfather spent his last days in the darkness of a mental hospital's corridor, and soon he also left the world.

My father tried so many times to get me back, but I was too stupid to understand and punished him for sins he never committed. In the end, he also took his own life because of -

ME!

People cry when they lose their favorite things, but here I lost the favorite person of my life. But now, I wouldn't lose anything that was left by them only for -

ME!

"We are ready, boss," I came back to reality when I heard Leon's voice.

"Where is Mr. William?" I asked.

"He is handling the police," Leon said, and I took the gun that was on the table.

"Let's go," I said, standing up to leave. You must be wondering where I am going? I am going to kill that girl who is the replica of her dead mother -

Aziel!

I wouldn't let her snatch anything from me. Last time, I let her go, that was my greatness, but this time, I am going to show her the real beast side of me.