=42= Hope your jesus forgive you

Author's POV

If only he possessed the power to sear her with the fury in his eyes, he would have incinerated her on the spot. The rage coursing through him was so potent that nothing could quell its fiery intensity. Was he merely angry? No. He was seething with fury. His vision was clouded with crimson, fixated on her with a searing glare. All he desired was to extinguish her existence in that very moment.

As Aziel trembled in his presence, fear etched deep into her gaze. Her ear reverberated with the echoes of his rage. The vivid mark of his slap stained her right cheek with a bruised hue, while blood trickled from the corner of her lips. Her mind struggled to maintain coherence amidst the chaos, her surroundings swirling in disarray. The force of his blow was nothing short of devastating.

With his finger poised upon the trigger, a mere twitch could send a bullet tearing through her fragile skull.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, her words barely audible over the pounding of her own heart. His jaw clenched with unyielding fury at her feeble apology. Through blurry vision and fading consciousness, she pleaded, "Please, don't end my life."

"I beg of you," her voice faltered, barely above a whisper, "I want to live." As her strength waned, she uttered her final plea, "My mother... she wanted me to live." And then, darkness claimed her.

She fell on the floor. Unconscious.

Jungkook observed Aziel's limp form sprawled on the floor, resembling a discarded puppet. He entertained the notion that she was merely pretending, playing a twisted game of deception with him. A chuckle escaped his lips at the thought.

"Enough of your games," he growled, his voice laced with impatience.

He nudged her with his foot, expecting a reaction, but she remained motionless, unresponsive to his commands.

"Get up, Aziel," he commanded, his tone tinged with frustration, as he delivered a slightly firmer kick. Still, she offered no response.

"I'll end this charade with a bullet if you persist," he warned, his threat ringing through the tense silence. Yet, his words fell on deaf ears, and it dawned on him that she had truly lost consciousness.

Throwing the gun with a careless toss onto the bed, Jungkook knelt beside Aziel, a smirk playing on his lips at the sight of her unconsciousness.

"One slap and you're out cold? Pathetic," he muttered to himself, a hint of amusement coloring his voice.

Gently lifting her limp form, he cradled her in his arms and carried her to the bed, laying her down with a tenderness that contrasted sharply with his earlier aggression. Drawing the duvet over her still form, he watched her intently, his mind already planning his next move once she regained consciousness.

After a while,

Upon opening her eyes, the beautiful decoration of the ceiling greeted her through blurred vision. The sting of the slap lingered, her right ear still numb. Flashes of the preceding moments flooded her mind, tears welling in her eyes. Though the thought of ending her own life crossed her mind, she knew it was forbidden by God, a grave sin. Turning to her right, she spotted Jungkook seated on the sofa, legs crossed, his gun resting on the glass table before him. His eyes were shut; he appeared to be asleep. Anger boiled within her as she longed to exact punishment upon him, to make him reconsider harming another soul.

He had taken her mother's life.

Branded her mother as a witch.

"His mother was a witch," her heart screamed in agony.

She clenched her jaw so tightly that it seemed as if it might shatter from the sheer force of her anger. Her gaze fixated on the gun, her eyes burning with a fiery intensity that could rival the sun. Without a moment's hesitation, she catapulted herself from the bed, her movements fueled by a primal instinct driving her towards the weapon.