= 28 = LONDON

Jungkook's POV

"Boss, we have arrived," my eyelashes parted. The very first thing I saw through the car window was the falling snow.

Snow in London, especially in May, is quite unusual.

"We've reached?" I asked and heard footsteps approaching my car. I glanced around through the mirror and saw my men surrounding the vehicle for my protection. My gaze then landed on a grand, imposing house.

My house!

My property!

I shifted my attention from the building to the seat next to me, where the girl I was being merciful to was sleeping with a blanket draped around her feminine figure. One of my men opened the car door on my side, and I stepped out, wearing my jacket.

"Take her to my bedroom," I commanded and began walking toward the entrance of my house. As soon as my feet touched the ground of my property, all the lights in the house came to life, banishing the darkness of the night with their brightness.

The cold wind brushed against my body, a welcoming sign.

I heard footsteps behind me, and my head instinctively turned. I saw Leon carrying Aziel in his arms, following me.

She must be tired! She caught a cold and is currently weak. Why? She isn't used to traveling. She experienced some difficulties on the plane.

First, anxiety.

Second, vomiting.

Poor girl.

The butler of my house opened the door for us, and I walked inside.

"Welcome, young master," he greeted with a bow, and I handed him my coat.

"Is my bedroom ready?" I inquired, and he nodded.

"Yes," hearing his confirmation, I thanked him.

"This way, young master," his gaze briefly shifted to Aziel, but then he looked at me with a questioning expression. However, he hesitated to ask further. "Please come with me," he said, and I followed him. He was in his late 60s and had been serving us since his early 30s. He was very close to my mother, her favorite butler.

"This house was purchased by your maternal grandfather, Mr. Meyer, in 1970. From 1973 to 1979, it remained closed as no members of your family lived in London. Your mother moved here in 1979. This is the same place where your father faced your maternal grandfather's wrath for coming to see your mother in defiance of the rules," he recounted, and I chuckled. He knew the love story of my parents. He was one of the eyewitnesses who witnessed their struggles.

"Everything remains the same. Nothing has changed. I haven't replaced anything. Everything is where your mother chose to keep it," he assured me, and I looked around.

Yes, everything is just as it was!

"Perhaps our young lady decided to rearrange things," his remark made me pause for a moment. "You're still quite young to live as a married man, but if you've chosen to embrace a committed relationship, that's commendable," he continued. I glanced at Leon, who was also looking at me with wide eyes. We were both left speechless but decided to continue following our old butler.

"Nowadays, young men prefer to wander aimlessly, engaging in shallow relationships filled with nothing but lust and disloyalty. I'm genuinely happy for you that you've chosen to embrace a sacred relationship."

"Give her to me," I mumbled and gently took Aziel into my arms. She stirred slightly in my embrace, and I peered down at her face, noticing her eyelashes fluttering.