Chapter One

The plane was full, and Ally despised it.

There was a lot to hate about planes and flights. She hated the lines at every step, from the counter, to security, to entering the plane. It was all endless people here and there, waiting. She hated rushing from one side of the airport to the other, her heart hammering while she hurled a carry-on probably too heavy for normal standards. She hated the sounds and the rush.

But what she definitely despised about flying was getting into a metal thing, praying it wouldn't crash. It was like dooming oneself to death.

It wasn't an irrational fear. Sure, she had never been in a plane crash or accident, or anything similar or close to it. But planes crashed plenty of times, you could see it on the news. Not too frequent to be considered a dangerous activity but enough to create fear within her.

What could she do to save her life while she was flying over 15,000 feet below ground? Nothing. Only to resign to her impending death. It could hurt or—if she was lucky enough—she would have a heart attack as the plane sank into catastrophe.

Flying wasn't good for her health, physically and mentally. Throughout the entire flight, she would imagine different catastrophic scenarios. While taxing, the tail of the plane would hit the ground and fall off. While landing, the wheels of the plane wouldn't work, or the pilot was an idiot and angled the plane in such a way that the cock would collide with the ground.

Oh, and while flying, one swing could indicate the inability of the plane to fly and pummel down. Two planes could collide as one was covered by clouds and unable to have a clear vision. The engine could decide to stop working. Or there wouldn't be enough fuel to take them from point A to point B and no Hudson Lake to land on.

There were endless scenarios.

And every one of them ended in a crash against the ground. And all of it sounded extremely painful.

One small swing or twitch while flying made Ally's heart pound to dangerous levels. She had considered the repercussions on her health.

So, as she entered the plane and waited in line (again!), she believed this was another terrible adventure. The fact that she would have to take another plane within small time frames didn't suit well with her.

Layovers were her definition of prolongated pain. But they were better than encountering 6 straight hours of frantic thoughts. At least during layovers, she could disperse her mind with something else.

However, she didn't believe her flight could go worse. Nothing could make it turn into the worst flight ever, unless the plane fell, of course.

Or apparently, something else she didn't have in mind.

Since the plane was full, it was hard to notice it firsthand. The seats were occupied by different faces. Different hairstyles, different eyes and shapes, and colors. It was like picking up a nail from a haystack.

But when Ally's gaze traveled through the seats, searching for the few remaining ones, something sank within her.

Her eyes widened a bit and her jaw slackened.

She had to blink a few times to reassure herself that he was actually there, instead of a creation from her head. Though, why would she think about him at all? It seemed like an unlike situation, therefore, yes,he was there, sitting, next to an empty seat.

Fantastic!

Ally's blood pressure rose as her throat knotted.

Would Fate hate her that much that her seat was right next to him? Seriously? Was this a joke at all? Ally had no idea, but she was praying to whoever would listen to her that her seat wasn't the one right next tohim.