Chapter Twenty-Six

"Well, well, well."

Ally smashed against the door and flinched at the pain of digging the doorknob against her stomach. She had something about ripping her stomach apart with kitchen counters and doorknobs.

Thank you, Cole.

"Where have you been, young lady?" Cole appeared in the hallway with hands on his hips. He was in boxers and no shirt. The guy seriously liked to walk around semi-naked. His hair was disheveled, fresh from waking up. And there were marks on his left cheek from the pillow. He was just a sight in the mornings.

Once the pain wasn't asphyxiating her, Ally exhaled and slumped against the door. "You scared me, Cole." She placed a hand on her chest and tried not to die.

He narrowed his eyes, though they glinted with mischief. "You were trying to sneak in," He stated.

Honestly, Ally would do a better job at lying if it wasn't for the headache and now stomach pain. "Yes. I was trying not to wake up my sister. You know, the only other person who lives here."

After Federico's confession, Ally didn't stay for long. Since she had missed her early class—she was blaming Cole for making her go out partying on a Thursday—she figured she would spend the rest of the day wisely. By sleeping and feeding her cheese obsession.

She expected to sneak into her place without waking Nina up and pretty much avoided Nina for as long as she could as she finished digesting the revelations. She didn't expect Cole to be there. She should have known better. Cole spent the night at least once a week, whenever he wasn't spending time with his siblings in the morning watching a series.

"Hmm," He said, contemplating her inhuman mood. "You look awful and in need of coffee. Come here, I made some."

"Thank you." She exhaled in fake aggravation. She was in dire need of sleep, but who was she to negate black coffee? No one.

She followed Cole as he poured another mug and slid it in her direction. He took a sip before turning his inquiring stare back to her.

"So, Allegra, who was the guy?" Apparently, they were talking with full names now. How serious.

She frowned and took a sip to cover her face. "What guy?"

"You disappeared last night. We called Rhys, Alexander, and Hunter, and none of them were with you." He narrowed his eyes at her. "Unless you are coming back from the library."

"Yes, Nicholas," she said in exasperation. "You caught me. I left the party. I can't stop studying, you know me. I'm addicted to black coffee and studying. I had to break into the library—"

"How?"

"There's an excellent video on YouTube. Very educational." She didn't miss a beat.

"Hmm."

"Which I won't share with you because you would be a danger knowing this kind of stuff."

Cole scoffed. "I've known how to pick locks since 5. I've already taught my little siblings."

Ally smiled, unsurprised by this kind of information. She shook her head. "I just hope they don't end up as half evil as you."

"Me? Evil? My plan was to turn king of Hell, but my siblings are taking that place instead." Ally chuckled at his statement. He sounded like he genuinely believed it. "You should know what they did last time."

Well, look at that. Even with a pounding hangover, half asleep, and with a stomachache, she was still a master at diverging topics. Not that bad.

"What did they do?" She asked.