Chapter Forty-Four

She should consider declaring this one little hellhole as her favorite place.

There was something so inviting about Federico's place once she was inside it.

It was probably all of his things scattered around. She could walk around and find new things about him that revealed more about him like how he didn't like light colors and rather had dark-colored clothes.

Or how he was disorganized when he was composing, writing small lyrics and melodies in random places but in the end, he collected all of them into one notebook. It was like he needed to see all his ideas floating around to organize them.

Ally even had to admit that in daylight the outside of his building wasn't really a hellhole- It just wasn't well illuminated, it was easy to get confused this was not a murder place but a calm and safe residential place.

Ally was currently studying on his kitchen island because if she lay down on his bed, she would fall asleep. Fede was out looking for food, he assured her she'd love the food this time.

She was so hungry she was willing to eat green, nourishing stuff.

Steps sounded on the outside of his apartment and seconds later Federico opened the door. Two large bags in one hand causing his bicep to flex. She tried not to drool at the image.

She couldn't get over the fact he was hers.

The delicious smell reached her, and her stomach grumbled. She was about to assault her boyfriend when she spotted his face. He was on the phone, a very serious and unnatural look on his face.

"Yes, I see," He answered in a monotone voice. It was so unlike Federico, that Ally was alerted. Criminal stuff in this world was composed of all drinks with tea in them and Federico not smiling.

Ally approached him and grabbed the bags from him, taking them to the kitchen but keeping a close ear to him. She wondered who he was talking to.

Slowly, she started to unpack the flood as Fede walked to the kitchen, humming and nodding.

"Thank you so much," He answered. "Have a nice afternoon. Okay, goodbye."

She arched an eyebrow as she hung up and looked down at his phone for a second longer than normal.

"Who was that?" She asked, keeping her tone neutral.

Federico's entire face changed in an instant. A huge smile spread across his face, and he chuckled in disbelief, slumping back against the fridge. He ran his hands up his face in disbelief. Though Ally was still very much confused, she couldn't help but smile softly at him. It was his contagious smile's fault. She could not return it.

"Did you win the lottery?" She wondered.

He turned to her and laughed. "No, but that would be cool."

"Imagine that, you could buy cool guitars and equipment for recording," She began. "Or a chef to cook you so you don't die from hunger, and I don't get poisoned."

He threw his head back and let a loud laugh escape. The sight gave her goosebumps. It was electrifying.

"I could also buy you all the black coffee your heart desires." He turned to her, looking down. "A shipment from Brazil? Got it. From Colombia or Guatemala? Easy peasy. From India or Africa? It'd be here by tomorrow."

"Aww," She cooed.

But then he shrugged with a wicked grin. "Or I could buy a cool plane, learn to be a pilot, and fly you everywhere. You know, to help you face your irrational fears."

She pouted and narrowed her eyes at him. "Okay, I take it back. That's not cool, you better never win the lottery."

He laughed hard and reached for her, wrapping his arms around her tightly and burying his nose against her neck. He planted a small kiss on her skin before he stared back at her.