Chapter Nineteen

Was it possible for your head to explode from boredom?

Not even a nice movie and Cheez Balls could alleviate Ally's mind. She was bored and impatient for the movie to end because she couldn't connect with the characters, even though she'd watched this movie more than once and adored it.

She was very frustrated and cranky because she hadn't been able to go to Lutto for her caffeine dose for the past few days, and the coffee at her house wasn't as good.

Gah!

Okay, maybe she was a bit cranky too because she hadn't had a Federico dose either...In her defense, he was one of the few people out there who could make her smile when she was grumpy.

And just watching his smile was enough to lighten her day.

So, she resigned herself to eating Cheez Balls because that's what she did whenever she was in a slight crisis. However, Cheez Balls weren't working. It was all terrible.

She was ready to give up when the doorbell rang.

She scowled at the door, confused at who could it be. She didn't think it was one of her friends, anyone would have already texted her informing their visit.

She rose from the sofa with a grunt and marched to the door. She swung it open and froze.

It was a tall guy with dark hair, green eyes, and tantalizing arms.

He stared down at her and clenched his jaw.

Her heart slammed hard against her chest. What was he up to?

"Are you crazy?" Ally reacted after a few seconds of staring at him like he was a mirage. Probably he was. Maybe her mind was conjuring him up because there was no way Federico was there at her doorstep. "What are you doing here?"

She looked behind him, scared someone might see him.

When she saw the hall was empty, she stopped shaking.

God. She was afraid, so scared that Nina could come back any second now from her running and find Federico there. What would Ally explain?

Was Federico out of his mind? He couldn't come here and...wait for Nina to find him here.

"You've been ignoring me," His gruff voice sent shivers down her spine. He was a bit angry. However, Ally had to admit anger looked nice on him. He looked a bit intimidating and intense.

Her heart palpitated fast.

She dug her fingers in the door, instead of reaching for him. She answered through gritted teeth. "You need to leave."

"Ally," he pushed the door, opening further so he could step inside. He shut the door before he stood in her living room. So out of place, yet so right to have him in her space. "What's up? Why have you been avoiding me?"

He crossed his arms, unperturbed. He wasn't leaving. Not unless he got answers. Ally didn't know how much time she had left before Nina was back, but she was not risking her twin sister seeing her ex-boyfriend in the living room while he was aggravated about Ally ignoring him.

She grabbed his wrist and tugged him toward her bedroom.

At least there Nina wouldn't find him. It was a common rule in the house that whoever had their door closed shouldn't be disturbed. Even Cole, king of indiscretion, respected said rule.

She exhaled in relief when he obliged and followed her behind to her bedroom. She closed the door with a soft click and suddenly felt very hot and shaky.

Federico was in her bedroom.

The thought was heady when it shouldn't be.

He was invading her space with his giant presence, and he wasn't leaving any time soon. Her head started to get a bit dizzy as she studied him looking around.