Chapter Four

In the middle of her quest, as she shoved her way, she heard the familiar voice again. Her eyes roamed around until they connected with green ones.

Ally blinked at him, in his sitting position, and a small smile on his face.

"Hey," She said, a bit shy. "Again."

"Hey," He smiled again, a bit amused for some reason. Then, his eyes glanced from her face to her hands. "You need the table?"

Ally glanced down at the object in question. It wasn't very big. It was circular and on the middle of it was a tray. Wrapped paper was tossed carelessly and a few fries were left. Only the small ones enough they tasted more like grease than potatoes.

If she was honest, there wasn't much space for her. But that could be solved easily.

Federico raised his eyebrows, waiting for her answer.

There was only a problem, though, there was one chair, occupied by his truly.

"It's okay," Ally answered, though her mind was screaming otherwise. She could put half her subway on the table as she ate. Then she wouldn't have to worry about it severing into half and watching in dismay as half her lunch dropped.

"No," Federico said, standing up. "Please, take my seat."

"No, no," Ally shook her head, but Federico heard nothing of it. He stood up, rounded the table to stand beside her, and took her subway. He replaced his tray with hers and nodded at the table.

"There."

"It wasn't necessary."

"It was. What were your other options?"

"Option," she corrected. "And it was the ground."

"Sounds like a fantastic idea, getting stomped while trying to eat. Now that's a more believable death than a plane crash."

Ally narrowed her eyes. "Those are my favorite kind of plans, imminent death," She answered in a serious voice and Fede had to stop to look at her and survey whether she was lying or not. But at the end, he raised his eyebrows in mirth.

"Mind checking my bag while I throw this away?" He asked but before Ally could answer, he trudged through the crowd, more subtle and elegant than she did.

His tall frame was hard to miss in the crowd. His head overflowing over the others. His dark hair was highlighted with different shades of brown and black against the sunlight. It was a very nice hair...

Ally took a seat as she continued glancing at him as he threw away his tray and returned to her. He stood next to his bag, and Ally thought for a moment there, he was going to pick it up and leave her. But he only stood there and watched her as she ate.

Her lips pressed as she locked gazes with him.

"Do I have something in my mouth?" She wondered.

He shook his head.

"Then, what is it?"

"What is what?" Fede wondered, crossing his arms over his chest, his biceps popping out. Ally didn't allow her eyes to wander off his face, though. However, swallowing had turned into a harder task, her throat suddenly dry.

"Do you have a fetish for watching people eat?"

"What?" Fede's lips curled into a reluctant smile. His voice dropped a few notches at his confusion.

"I don't know," Ally shrugged. "You're just standing there, watching me eating without saying a word," Then, her eyes narrowed. "Should I be worried? Is this why you and Nina broke up?"