Chapter Twenty-Seven

Nicholas grinned as soon as he found a familiar brunette on the beach. The perfect victim for his insatiable flirting.

"Look there. My favorite person in the entire universe," He said, looking down at her. She was sitting in a towel on the sand. Her face was immersed in a sketch.

Coraline glanced up from her sketchbook and raised her eyebrows at Cole in surprise. "You are alive," She stated in wonder, probably questioning how he was alive after last night at the party.

He grinned. "Thriving. Always thriving, Coraline."

He gestured for her to scoot over and sat down next to her with a groan. The overexposure to the sun would likely fry what was left of his brain, but he would gladly give anything to stop the headache. The waves crashing against the sand and rocks sounded like poetic background music to his dismissal.

Since when he was easily affected by a small consumption of alcohol? He ought to remedy it immediately.

Alone, that was, since none of his friends wanted to party.

Little shits.

He needed new friends. Or new ways to bribe his friends into going with him more often to parties. He would have to dig into old photos for ammunition. He was sure to find an embarrassing one from puberty. No one looked good in puberty, it was a universal law Cole was going to study. He would have it as his thesis if he had to, even though his career had nothing to do with this branch of science. But dammit, he was finding out the reason behind it. There had to be a correlation between large noses and fishy lips.

Drinking larger quantities at Alex's bar sounded like a solution to his alcohol intolerance issue, if it wasn't for that one time he'd trashed the place and was forbidden within five miles of the bar. Now, he couldn't extend to more than three beers per night.

He was left with few options in fact.

Cora blinked back at him, closing her sketchbook inconspicuously like she didn't want Cole to see what was inside. "Wouldn't believe it. Hunter sent me the videos before you blacked out. You were cutting someone's hair and making a wig. Then you started singing Hannah Montana."

"Ah!" he exhaled in satisfaction. "I forgot about that. Good memories."

Cora chuckled softly. "I guess you had a good time then."

"Always." Cole grinned.

At that moment, the two little devils he couldn't believe he shared DNA with, showed up with their respective towels and bags. Anyone would be fooled. They looked like responsibility. They deposited their bags and smiled at Cora.

Ashton even winked at her and smiled. Cole was impressed. At least his brother was listening to something he was teaching.

"Hey!" Cora smiled back at them.

"Kids," Cole cleared his throat, giving each one of his siblings a stern look. "Remember this: not peeing on people or on the sand. Only in the sea. Don't let anyone see you, and pretend you are not peeing. Anyone can detect a satisfied smile miles away. Not cool."

Twin devils nodded their heads, absorbing his words. Cora shot Cole a stare.

"If you are going to steal," Cole went on. "Let it be food and bring it over. Otherwise, hands off possessions."

"Will do, sir." Ashton nodded with a cheeky grin. Emily smiled sweetly.

"Oh," Cole said, remembering something very important. It was of utter urgency. "If you encounter Jackson Fucker Miller, you have my permission to pee on him. And steal all his possessions. He deserves it."